Bitcoin and other forms of digital currency

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Call me nuts. Voyager was a wake-up call, even though they weren't the first...or last. I have a little bit in multiple places (including Voyager).
I don't think I'll go yet as far as a hardware wallet, but I'm curious what others might be using as non/self-custodial wallets.
I already have some under the Trust Wallet app and am thinking of just moving more that direction.
I also see Crypto.com and Coinbase have their own wallet apps aside from their main app. I'm assuming your coins wouldn't be frozen in a bankruptcy under those apps, but it still seems questionable if the app is maintained by a company that could be bankrupt. Curious on others' thoughts.

1 hour ago, lodibricks said:

Call me nuts. Voyager was a wake-up call, even though they weren't the first...or last. I have a little bit in multiple places (including Voyager).
I don't think I'll go yet as far as a hardware wallet, but I'm curious what others might be using as non/self-custodial wallets.
I already have some under the Trust Wallet app and am thinking of just moving more that direction.
I also see Crypto.com and Coinbase have their own wallet apps aside from their main app. I'm assuming your coins wouldn't be frozen in a bankruptcy under those apps, but it still seems questionable if the app is maintained by a company that could be bankrupt. Curious on others' thoughts.

I use a Ledger. Works great. Well worth the money. Just never ever ever enter your seed phrase anywhere except on a Ledger device. If you have significant assets, you should buy a hardware wallet. 

I also have some on Kraken that I was going to sell. I need to move it back. I only use soft wallets when I am on a computer I don't have my ledger set up with, but it gets sent to my Ledger eventually.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Everything is so cheap right now, I understand why though. Went deep on MATIC at $.78. I want to grab Ether too, but the stolen tokens possibly getting dumped combined with the no stake withdraw until 24’ is causing hesitation- does anyone feel safe buying Ether at a certain price right now, what is a comfortable floor, and why so?

3 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Everything is so cheap right now, I understand why though. Went deep on MATIC at $.78. I want to grab Ether too, but the stolen tokens possibly getting dumped combined with the no stake withdraw until 24’ is causing hesitation- does anyone feel safe buying Ether at a certain price right now, what is a comfortable floor, and why so?

Wait, they won't let you unstake your coins until 2024??? Yikes.

I feel like a solid value for ETH is $300-600. Probably 300 or 400. There's not really much analysis there. Just that last time, it went from 1400 down to under $70 ~95% drop). So far it's gone down from $4600 to $1000 (~78% drop). Seems like it has more to fall before a bottom. $300 or $400 seems like a reasonable bottom to me. It could dip a little lower than that too, but it's close enough. 

Edited by bigboy61
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, bigboy61 said:

Wait, they won't let you unstake your coins until 2024??? Yikes.

I feel like a solid value for ETH is $300-600. Probably 300 or 400. There's not really much analysis there. Just that last time, it went from 1400 down to under $70 ~95% drop). So far it's gone down from $4600 to $1000 (~78% drop). Seems like it has more to fall before a bottom. $300 or $400 seems like a reasonable bottom to me. It could dip a little lower than that too, but it's close enough. 

I was thinking $300-600 too. I believe it could be all downhill with ETH now and I see a lot of risk trying to grab the sword as it falls hoping for a small pump and dump day trade.

However, once it gets to the 3-6 range, I’ll get back into the flipping game. Hate to wait, feel like I might be leaving some real money on the table until then if it bounces back to $1400-1600 a couple more times 

• 4 weeks later...