If I want to part out power system, control and tracks, which set is better?

waiwai200

Guest ph4tb0i

3677, 7938 or 7939?

eeee, that's a tough call. Assuming you're also parting out the different train carriages on paper it's the 3677 since that set has been confirmed EOL and I assume the red engine and the red battery box will appreciate soon on the secondary market. If you plan on holding it on a while it's the 7939 since that has the nicest freight engine imo (aside from the Maersk :P) out of the last 2-3 freight trains, as well as the Octan tanker which is a nice car for any train collector (i.e. easy sell). On the other hand the one that takes the least investment and should yield a decent return too is the 7939 as that middle carriage is in high demand due to collectors wanting the middle carriage (going for ~40-50 right now on ebay) to complete the middle carriage.

There's my analysis. Unfortunately it's too hard a call for me to make. :P haha, but if I were to part out and sell I would do the 7938 just because I was able to get a bunch of cheap 7938s from the Amazon UK sale 2 days ago. 3677s are way too expensive now (unless you were able to get them for cheap a year ago) and the 7939 is a tad on the expensive side UNLESS you can score used ones for cheap and part out to sell for more money.