How long does it take for sets to be further marked down?

With the Monster Fighter series being waved out at walmart I wonder when the next price drop on the clearances will be? Everything is around 30% off right now. Will they move them down within the next week, and to what amount? What are your expectations and past experiences?

I was just at walmart close to me and there Monster Fighter sets were 30% off too. They had about 5 Ghost Trains and 1 Haunted House left. I was so temped to buy the HH. Do you guys think they will sky rocket fast in the next 9 months? I like to only buy investment NIB stuff that I am almost certain I can make a profit on at Christmas time. I don't really care to sit on stuff long term.

I was just at walmart close to me and there Monster Fighter sets were 30% off too. They had about 5 Ghost Trains and 1 Haunted House left. I was so temped to buy the HH. Do you guys think they will sky rocket fast in the next 9 months? I like to only buy investment NIB stuff that I am almost certain I can make a profit on at Christmas time. I don't really care to sit on stuff long term.

At 30% off there is wiggle room for a faster flip. Go back and grab them if you can but its likely someone already snagged them. I only picked up 2 VC's and when I went back to get a third they were sold out >.<

Yes, Vampyre Castle not Haunted House. My bad. I doubt you'd ever see a HH at walmart. However I did buy a Super Star Destroyer for $199.50 at a walmart in Jan. Must have been an online order returned to the store! I haven't put any money into Monster Fighters yet but it seems like a great investment theme.

Yes, Vampyre Castle not Haunted House. My bad. I doubt you'd ever see a HH at walmart. However I did buy a Super Star Destroyer for $199.50 at a walmart in Jan. Must have been an online order returned to the store! I haven't put any money into Monster Fighters yet but it seems like a great investment theme.

now is the time to put your money in this theme. you won't see these sets or these discounts again. october and christmas will be here before you know it, and you will wish you had them. personally, i am going to hold mine until at least 2014 after a lot of others have sold their supply off already.

Most of the Wal-Marts near me have no Monster Fighters left. However there are a couple of Wal-Marts that still have them, but at full price. No idea why they have yet to mark them down.

scan them yourself on one of their price scanners located around the store. sometimes the minions don't change the tags.

I said this in another Post about the Vampire's Castle, don't be surprised if Target or even Toys R Us has the Vampire Castle as there Black Friday sale. I do no that Target and Toys R Us put there order in with Lego about 6 months ahead of time for there Black Friday Lego sale. Last year Target had the Black Pearl, year before the Troll Fortress Etc. Toys R Us had the Nijango 2507 Temple of Light. So do the math each Target got 10-20 Black Pearls's and Toys r Us had 20 or so 2507 sets so these deals are done way before Black Friday. And as they usually have sets that are retiring the Vampire's Castle, Nijango 9450 Epic battle, These could be on the list but I doubt it, Helm's Deep, Falcon and Frigate. Alot of people think the Falcon and Frigate are retired but there are not. The Order Form for Wholesale has all of 2013. As for Walmart, they haven't had a $100.00 Lego set on sale on Black Friday in years, really I can't recall them ever having a big set, always a $50 or cheaper set. So unless The vampire Castle disappear's fast in the Fall don't expect to make big bucks real fast. I am waiting till the Holiday season of 2014 to sell some of mine. And as for The Batman Funhouse and Lego Batman Arkham Asylum well Lego as the Marvel License for 3 years, so that gives the Funhouse and Arkham Asylum away to go. The Funhouse could end sooner but the Asylum surely will go to the end.

I've scouted 4 of my area Walmarts now, the VC's were all gone the first day. Today is only the third day and most stock is already depleted. I wouldn't wait for a deeper discount. They'll be gone very soon. Interestingly enough, the Ghost Train is the set that seems to be hanging around the longest in most stores.

If you are interested in the sets you should buy them now. There might not be any left if you wait. You'll have to gauge with your own past experiences in stores if you ever see clearances dip deeper at your local Walmart. If you don't have prior experience then this could be your experiment run.

scan them yourself on one of their price scanners located around the store. sometimes the minions don't change the tags.

Thanks for this tip!! I don't know why I didn't think of this myself. I went back and tried this and sure enough, they all rang up with the clearance price! All were still in the regular LEGO aisle with no markdown stickers on them. Obviously no one else had thought to do this because they had not sold out of any of the sets.

I ended up getting 1 Swamp Creature, 1 Werewolf, 2 Crazy Scientist, 1 Ghost Train, 1 Vampyre Castle. Then later I went back and got another Vampyre Castle.

On a side note I was also in a LEGO store today and noticed that in the Monster Fighters section there were no Castles, Hearses or Crazy Scientists and no empty spots where they could have been. Plenty of the Swamp Creature, Mummy, Werewolf and Ghost Train though. Probably because the first three of those don't take up a lot of room and the Ghost Train is tough to sell at MSRP since you can find it anywhere else for significantly less.

It is crazy....30% off is not a hot deal where you can quick flip as some have said above....patience people....patience... with all you crazy buy everything in stock at 30% off we will NEVER see 50% off again....you newbies are sooooo frustrating