The bad side of TRU.....

TheDarkness

Just received my 2 TRU orders from the last BOGO sale. Currently 1 Unimog short (but since there was so many individual packing boxes it could come next week) 1 Tumbler set instead of Batman Funhouse 1 Unimog I received was dented, torn and even shredded in one corner. 5 Batman Funhouses sets with various degrees of dents and creases 3 Battle for Geonosis sets (fairly ok) Deadset the worst packaging I have ever seen. The Unimog was laid diagonally in a box which was so dented on the top the tape was split 3 Funhouse sets were in a box large enough to fit 2 Unimogs (WTF???) What are the chances they will do anything about it?

Ordering from anything apart from Amazon internationally is just waste of my money/time especially if you want boxes in perfect condition.

I hope you learned your lesson!

Haha well in the past my orders from them have been good, and Amazon can be very hit and miss no matter which you use. First time I have ever had the wrong set shipped to me though, and it just compounded with everything else.

Just received my 2 TRU orders from the last BOGO sale.

Currently 1 Unimog short (but since there was so many individual packing boxes it could come next week)

1 Tumbler set instead of Batman Funhouse

1 Unimog I received was dented, torn and even shredded in one corner.

5 Batman Funhouses sets with various degrees of dents and creases

3 Battle for Geonosis sets (fairly ok)

Deadset the worst packaging I have ever seen.

The Unimog was laid diagonally in a box which was so dented on the top the tape was split

3 Funhouse sets were in a box large enough to fit 2 Unimogs (WTF???)

What are the chances they will do anything about it?

In-store exchanges for same products... At least they did in my one case. One of my 5 Funhouses arrived banged up. The key is having the boxes sealed to avoid any possible risk of them not accepting an exchange.

Haha well in the past my orders from them have been good, and Amazon can be very hit and miss no matter which you use. First time I have ever had the wrong set shipped to me though, and it just compounded with everything else.

except that Amazon customer service is likely 10 times better than anyones elses...

You have a few different options, TRU will let you ship them back for a refund if you wish, or you can request a 20% refund, whichever is your preference, they may decline your 20% refund at first, but if you complain enough, they should give it to you. If you return an item, they will send you a return shipping label. My Fire Brigade was dinged up from the last bogo and I got 20% off, which came to $90, I wasn't complaining anymore.

Is there a good side to TRU?

Don't know if there is a good side to TRU as such, but I do enjoy the expressions on the managers faces when making them use their price match policy (UK) to slash a massive amount off their sets against others that have a sale, and then using my vouchers on top.

Recent examples (before applying money off vouchers) include 9473 from

You have a few different options, TRU will let you ship them back for a refund if you wish, or you can request a 20% refund, whichever is your preference, they may decline your 20% refund at first, but if you complain enough, they should give it to you. If you return an item, they will send you a return shipping label.

My Fire Brigade was dinged up from the last bogo and I got 20% off, which came to $90, I wasn't complaining anymore.

I've started the email complaints so will see how it goes.

I've had one order never arrive and now this, and have ordered a few thousand dollars worth of Lego from them.

I will see what the condition of the other stuff I order is like but I doubt I will use them for much longer outside of stacking up on Batman Funhouse sets.