Amazon UK has 7938 for 59.98 GBP .....4204 The Mine for 41% OFF!

Guest ph4tb0i

I bought two items as well, but not the same ones. One Mine and one train. Despite requesting that they would be shipped together, it looks like they shipped them separately anyway. Guess I'll see on the fees. Really surprised they are shipping so fast this time though.

I also have an order of 2 arriving in 2 packages via UPS. I don't know yet where they are being dispatched / shipped from.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else from the US order the train or The Mine this time around? Just got my shipping notice, and see that this time they are both coming via UPS - and they are projected to arrive in like two days?? Wondering if others are seeing this, or if they flagged my account somehow since the last shipment took so long.

Also wondering if coming via UPS to the US if i'll have to pay excise tax or whatever when it arrives. :-/

Last time around, mine were shipped via UPS and I didn't have any extra fees or taxes.

I even called UPS before the delivery and they said it would be just like a normal US delivery.

Hopefully it's the same thing with this order.

Last time around, mine were shipped via UPS and I didn't have any extra fees or taxes.

I even called UPS before the delivery and they said it would be just like a normal US delivery.

Hopefully it's the same thing with this order.

Same here. I ordered a VC about 3 months ago to the States when they were on sale, and it arrived from UPS with the box slightly dented. No other issues with extra fees or taxes.

I also have an order of 2 arriving in 2 packages via UPS. I don't know yet where they are being dispatched / shipped from.

2-3 days. Expected delivery is this Thurs.

Same here - Thursday delivery on the two e-mails I received. I find it interesting they are shipping the two Mines I ordered separately.

Picked up 5 sets of The Mine as well. Thanks guys.

same here. thanks as well. I have never ordered anything from overseas before. I am in Wisconsin, USA. my total for the 5 sets in US dollars was just under $300. will there be any other fees I should expect since this is coming from Europe? if not then this is a super deal!

same here. thanks as well. I have never ordered anything from overseas before. I am in Wisconsin, USA. my total for the 5 sets in US dollars was just under $300. will there be any other fees I should expect since this is coming from Europe? if not then this is a super deal!

I don't think there are any additional fees. Amazon is usually very clear on the total cost.

your credit card might charge you a transaction fee since this isnt US dollars but Bristish pounds ...shouldnt be much though ...

I don't think you get the 3% using the US Amazon.com Visa, but you still get the 1% transaction refund. I think you need to use the Amazon.co.uk Visa to get 3%. Dumb, but I think that's how it works.

You're correct. Just 1% back using the U.S.. Amazon credit card for Amazon UK.

I don't think there are any additional fees. Amazon is usually very clear on the total cost.

I know UPS charges import taxes from Canada to US delivers for $200+ orders. I was hit with this tax for my 3 Pirates QAR order because the store shipped everything out together (there is a thread on here about that sale).

Maybe Amazon shipped US purchased orders for this UK local set in multiple shipments to avoid this?

Guest ph4tb0i

just got my 3 boxes. 2 with 2 trains each. 1 with 2 mines. all three had taxes + $10/box for brokerage. Starting to hate Canada more and more...

Both 4204s arrived today via UPS without additional fees (so far). I like the cleaner look box without the element count info on the front. I would grade box condition has 8s each. They held up pretty well considering the shipping boxes took a beating crossing the Pond.

Got one 7938 and one 4204 today. No fees for me either, left on the front porch by UPS (no sig requirement even). 4204 is a solid 9, maybe even higher! The 7938 got a bit crushed (although the front face of the box was largely OK), and strangely that box had bubble packaging in it, while The Mine did not. I also like the cleaner Euro box with no set name or piece count on the front. The UPS tracking was hilarious for 3 day shipping. Mine went two places in the UK, to Philadelphia, to Kentucky, to Oregon, to finally Washington. For the price I won't complain too much about the boxes. In the end, an awesome deal for the price. Might have to pick up another Mine since it comes out to like $57 USD delivered.

Guest ph4tb0i

So everybody who had this shipped to the USA via UPS did not incur additional fees? This is very interesting. That means I might have to have it shipped to my mailbox in the US and go pick it up to avoid fees/taxes (woohoo 800 dollar Canadian tax exemption for visiting the USA for 2+ days)..... Hooray for living next to the world's largest undefended border. :)

Got my two mines yesterday. One was great condition, one was mangled. It appears someone set something heavy directly on the box, so it has a significant dent in the bottom. No additional fees charged. Came in 3 days - standard shipping.

So everybody who had this shipped to the USA via UPS did not incur additional fees? This is very interesting. That means I might have to have it shipped to my mailbox in the US and go pick it up to avoid fees/taxes (woohoo 800 dollar Canadian tax exemption for visiting the USA for 2+ days).....

Hooray for living next to the world's largest undefended border. :)

Yep, I've never been charged additional fees.