Amazon UK has 7938 for 59.98 GBP .....4204 The Mine for 41% OFF!

Guest ph4tb0i

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a nice deal, picked up two of each. Hopefully they come in nice shape. I'm in no hurry to receive it though...

Based on the ones I got last time, that is a crapshoot for sure. The train arrived in good shape, the train station did not. They did refund the shipping cost on the train station after I sent them a complaint.

Not being in a hurry is a good thing with these. :-)

Also cool that they are the Euro style boxes that don't have a piece count on the front for some reason.

from an investment perspective (holding period of 1-3 years), would you rather have four #7938 (Red Passenger Train) or four #9474 (Helm's Deep)?

Depends on what price you can get them for.

If you're paying retail for Helms but you can get the train for 30%+ discount then go with the trains.

If you're paying same for both, Helms might have a bit more upside.

Both should do well.

Just my 2 cents.

Did anyone else from the US order the train or The Mine this time around? Just got my shipping notice, and see that this time they are both coming via UPS - and they are projected to arrive in like two days?? Wondering if others are seeing this, or if they flagged my account somehow since the last shipment took so long. Also wondering if coming via UPS to the US if i'll have to pay excise tax or whatever when it arrives. :-/

Guest ph4tb0i

I'm from Canada and all my stuff just passed customs and should arrive tomorrow (ordered yesterday). Unfortunately that means I need to pay the 13% Ontario "we're going to flush this down the toilet anyways" tax + $10 in brokerage fee per package as well. Still works out to be a good deal.. :)

I'm from Canada and all my stuff just passed customs and should arrive tomorrow (ordered yesterday). Unfortunately that means I need to pay the 13% Ontario "we're going to flush this down the toilet anyways" tax + $10 in brokerage fee per package as well.

Still works out to be a good deal.. :)

Yeah, I remember you guys from Canada mentioning that last time. I didn't pay anything last time, but it was shipped via DHL and then delivered by USPS from what I could tell. Would still be an OK deal I guess, but certainly less of one if you add $20 to each set.

Guest ph4tb0i

Yeah, I remember you guys from Canada mentioning that last time. I didn't pay anything last time, but it was shipped via DHL and then delivered by USPS from what I could tell. Would still be an OK deal I guess, but certainly less of one if you add $20 to each set.

Yeah, that's why in general when I buy from Amazon.UK I have at least 2 items in a package so that it spreads the cost of the brokerage... If we're lucky though sometimes things come via DHL as well and get passed on via Canada Post with no brokerage/taxes tacked on. I think it depends on which warehouse Amazon is shipping it from (I notice that if it's coming from their UK distribution it's usually UPS while the Germany depot sends stuff out via DHL)

It's still good considering 7938's MSRP here is $169.99 + Tax >_>

I bought two items as well, but not the same ones. One Mine and one train. Despite requesting that they would be shipped together, it looks like they shipped them separately anyway. Guess I'll see on the fees. Really surprised they are shipping so fast this time though.