Amazon UK has 7938 for 59.98 GBP .....4204 The Mine for 41% OFF!

Guest ph4tb0i

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put in an order for 2. I wonder what condition it's going to be in after it makes its journey across the pond as these are pretty big boxes. That's the only thing stopping me from ordering a few more.

According to Brickset, lego.com recently discontinued the set as of April 6, 2013.

It's not EOL yet, they still sell it at LEGO Shop at Home . I remember last month when it went out of stock with an available shipping date. Sometimes Brickset misinterprets that as EOL. It's available to ship now.

Guest ph4tb0i

Put in an order for 2. I wonder what condition it's going to be in after it makes its journey across the pond as these are pretty big boxes. That's the only thing stopping me from ordering a few more.

It's not EOL yet, they still sell it at LEGO Shop at Home . I remember last month when it went out of stock with an available shipping date. Sometimes Brickset misinterprets that as EOL. It's available to ship now.

I ordered a passenger train and summer riding camp before, and those were shipped via UPS and got over the pond in 3 days. Boxes were mint condition. Of course, I only ordered those one at a time, so I don't know how they are going to do the shipping now as I ordered 2 passenger trains and 2 train stations.

I just received 2 Vampyre's Castles I ordered in March. Shipped in the same package and arrived minty-fresh in Wisconsin.

Ordered 2 of these as well.

I ordered a passenger train and summer riding camp before, and those were shipped via UPS and got over the pond in 3 days. Boxes were mint condition. Of course, I only ordered those one at a time, so I don't know how they are going to do the shipping now as I ordered 2 passenger trains and 2 train stations.

Thanks for the info. According to my calculations, it is only an extra $2.36 each to ship the passenger trains individually than in pairs. That might be worth it to reduce the risk of damaged boxes at least a little bit.

Guest AnnexBrett

BTW UPS: did you get charged for duties, brokage, etc? When I received my VC's it costed me $30 extra coz of that...

BTW UPS: did you get charged for duties, brokage, etc? When I received my VC's it costed me $30 extra coz of that...

How, you had to pay UPS when they arrived? Or it was added to your checkout cost? Mine said nothing for VAT.

Guest AnnexBrett

Anyone know why the per item price goes even lower when it gets in your cart? Anyway, not going to argue, in for 2 as well. I really need to stop coming here during the day. :-| Will be interested to see how they are shipped.

Because you are not charged for VAT (sales tax) if you have it shipped outside UK / EU. Makes the deal even sweeter! :)

Guest AnnexBrett

How, you had to pay UPS when they arrived? Or it was added to your checkout cost? Mine said nothing for VAT.

Yes I paid upon delivery for brokage, straight to the UPS. They wont release the shippment until payment done via phone, etcetc. Strange part I never asked to be shipped by UPS, amazon just did it, sadly...

Guest ph4tb0i

Yep, but factoring UPS it was still a good deal. They ship through UPS saver, so when my stuff came I had to pay the 13% tax + $10CAD brokerage fee.

Yes I paid upon delivery for brokage, straight to the UPS. They wont release the shippment until payment done via phone, etcetc. Strange part I never asked to be shipped by UPS, amazon just did it, sadly...

Interesting, you in the US? I did not factor that into the cost of the item. Did everyone else account for that?

Guest ph4tb0i

Keep in mind Amazon UK is very "random" (e.***. they use UPS, Royal Mail and DHL) but for the train set I'm almost certain that it's going to be UPS.

Interesting, you in the US? I did not factor that into the cost of the item. Did everyone else account for that?

On one of the eight or so shipments I've ordered from amazon.co.uk, they shipped via UPS (instead of CanadaPost) and I was charged $42 for two Summer Riding Camps. A furious letter to Amazon.co.uk got me a full $42 credited to my credit card. I advised them that shipping with certain carriers is pretty stupid (as most people shop from amazon to pay LESS, silly Mr. Amazon) and I've ordered since then without this happening. If I have to pay to get these, I'll definitely be writing another email and as long as they keep refunding the UPS charges, I'll keep ordering.

If we all keep complaining about UPS (at least in Canada - not sure about other countries) then perhaps we can get a solid policy change. CanadaPost delivers these boxes to me free of charge -wait time is 2-3 weeks longer - but that shouldn't be an issue for an investor willing to wait months/years to turn a profit!

If you're on the fence, give this a go!

Guest AnnexBrett

On one of the eight or so shipments I've ordered from amazon.co.uk, they shipped via UPS (instead of CanadaPost) and I was charged $42 for two Summer Riding Camps. A furious letter to Amazon.co.uk got me a full $42 credited to my credit card. I advised them that shipping with certain carriers is pretty stupid (as most people shop from amazon to pay LESS, silly Mr. Amazon) and I've ordered since then without this happening. If I have to pay to get these, I'll definitely be writing another email and as long as they keep refunding the UPS charges, I'll keep ordering.

If we all keep complaining about UPS (at least in Canada - not sure about other countries) then perhaps we can get a solid policy change. CanadaPost delivers these boxes to me free of charge -wait time is 2-3 weeks longer - but that shouldn't be an issue for an investor willing to wait months/years to turn a profit!

If you're on the fence, give this a go!

Email sent about shipping practices via UPS... lets see!

Hi, A quick question about UPS based on comments above. Is there an issue or problem with them. I'm in UK and have a couple of Lego's that may be due to go to Canada/USA over next month from ebay and was going to use UPS Express Saver as can get it cheap. Should I change that??

Guest AnnexBrett

Hi, A quick question about UPS based on comments above. Is there an issue or problem with them. I'm in UK and have a couple of Lego's that may be due to go to Canada/USA over next month from ebay and was going to use UPS Express Saver as can get it cheap.

Should I change that??

Regular postal service wont charge you extra for international shipments - your package might be intercepted and examined by your countries customs and you will be charged for local taxes/levies but that goes to your government, and it is however collected by your local postal service upon delivery. Versus UPS / FEDEX who charge you brokage fees - which also includes the imporft taxes/levies plus additional charges for UPS since they do the importing on behalf of you.

The main difference is the amount and the occurence (UPS will charge you FOR SURE, whether customs might let your shipment go thru with and import duty exempt)