60026 - Town Square

redeemed763

• 3 weeks later...

Picked 2 of these at Toys R us today. Cashier ***********************************************.

Reduced price seems a better indicator from my experience. OOS happens seasonally or when a new run has been scheduled but stock ran low before it hit stores. Price reductions usually seem to be the death knell of sets. Has there every been a 20% off or more sale where the set came back in full force at MSRP for any solid length of time? None that I can think of...

Edited by exciter1
Edited for questionable content

Reduced price seems a better indicator from my experience. OOS happens seasonally or when a new run has been scheduled but stock ran low before it hit stores. Price reductions usually seem to be the death knell of sets. Has there every been a 20% off or more sale where the set came back in full force at MSRP for any solid length of time? None that I can think of...

They put 60064 on sale 20% off and now it is sold out and back to retail price. weird. That set is too new to retire.

They put 60064 on sale 20% off and now it is sold out and back to retail price. weird. That set is too new to retire.

I did notice that - strange. I know it is a little off topic (but at least it is a CITY set), but is some of the chaos Ed predicted mid-theme retirements? It looks like the Coast Guard theme is going to be half-retired but the other half is in the new catalog - could the supply plane (for whatever reason) retiring, too?

• 3 weeks later...

My TRU has several of these still on the shelves.  Using the TRU credit card/ gift card combo, I can get these for $99~$100 out the door.  I'm sure others have this set for cheaper, just looking to see what people think about buying in at that price since it seems like it is going EOL?

My TRU has several of these still on the shelves.  Using the TRU credit card/ gift card combo, I can get these for $99~$100 out the door.  I'm sure others have this set for cheaper, just looking to see what people think about buying in at that price since it seems like it is going EOL?

I cant buy it for that price... expecially since it was 75$ two black fridays ago.

I was thinking the same thing. I find it interesting they are adding a police station, haven't they mostly been standalone sets until now?

To date, I do recall the police and fire stations being pretty much standalone.  Now, there may be sets from 10+ years ago that also included fire stations, etc. into the set.

• 2 months later...