Anybody else into the old Model Team sets or older Technic sets?

kingcars

I noticed that there has been very little mention on this forum of the old Model Team sets or older Technic sets. I remember as a kid, I always wanted Model Team sets but never got them (though thats not to say that my parents didn't provide a good supply of great lego sets). In fact, when I got my first job, the first thing I bought was a 10151 Blue Fury (luckily it was soon after the re-release so it was easy to find MISB). However, it wasn't until recently that I was able to start fulfilling the rest of my childhood Lego dreams. In January, I finally got my hands on 8448 Super Street Sensation and built it. I was honestly very disappointed when I saw 8070; it's very ugly looking and doesn't even have a gearbox. I much prefer 8448's body sculpting and features. Anyways, a few weeks ago I got the 5563 Racing Truck (that one was a pain to track down) along with a fresh sticker sheet. I can't wait to get home in 3 weeks and build it. In the future, I'd like to get some more older sets, including: 8880 Super Car 8458 Silver Champion (or the Williams) 5561 Big Foot 4x4 5571 Black Cat (if I can find one for a decent price) I know these sets aren't good for investing, but they're really cool imo. Anybody else a fan of these?

I didn't like them when I was a kid, just recently they caught my attention, the problem is that I'm not into cars and the majority of sets are some kind of a vehicle, but still they seem fun to build.

That's exactly why I do like them. I'm a car enthusiast :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have some of he old technic cars. I have the 8880, 8865, 8870 & 853. If you are interested in seeing them, they are here.. http://mocpages.com/moc.php/244430

I haven't got the newer cars, they haven't got the detail of the old ones. I have the Model Team Big Rig (white truck) and the yellow 4wd (jeep).

I grew up with them, I like the old school sets, I check eBay to see what is being sold out of other people's collections.