Check Out These Toys R Us Jacked up Lego Prices

emazers

Well I went to the Lego Store at Annapolis Mall in Md today, got there about 10:30 so I ran across the street at the Toys R Us to see what the $25 off Lego Sale looked like, Well I was shocked check out some of these prices of these Lego sets, The Manager said all these prices were done 10 days ago. Now if you scanned them it took $25 off, 1-jabba's Palace $164.99 2-Malevolence $164.99 3-Vampire's Castle $131.99 4-Falcon 7965- $179.99 5-Helm's Deep $154.99 6-Ninjago 9450 Epic Dragon -$164.99 7-Volkswagon Camper -$149.99 8-Batman 6860 Cave-$99.99 9-Friends Olivia's House $99.99 10-Friends 3185 Summer Camp $149.99 And the List can go on and on.

Toys R US are in Partnership with Lego, And they get a bigger discount then anybody else on getting Lego's.

That makes me hate them even more. That sucks! If they get say a 3-5% deeper discount, then I kind of understand, but if it is any more than that, which it probably is, then to me, they are scamming the customers. A miracle they aren't out of business...or EOL. ;)
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Found two lonely Batman Jetski (30160) polybags at Toys R Us at lunch.  I missed these last year, so I was happy to get them at $4.99 each. 

Toys R Us had all the new sets out today.

All the new Star Wars including the Darth Maul speeder set, , dual on Geonosis, Jek-14, Gunship, AT-TE, Jabba's Barge, etc.  The barge and gunships were $139.99 each.

They had the Friends Dolphin Cruiser at $74.99. New city sets, including the race car, monster trucks, cargo plane, etc.  If they have another BOGO, I'll be getting the Dolphin Cruiser sets.

Even though TRU is owned by PE, revenue growth and net income growth are important for the PEs.  Eventually, the PE owner will need to monetize their investment in TRU.  Whether the PE owner IPOs TRU or sells TRU, TRU's historical and projected financial performance will be an important driver of value for TRU.

PE will still need to put revenue and profit grower in order for them to cash out.  It's the TRU is getting there a little differently than the big box.  They are making their margin look good in sarficing their inventory turnover.  TRU's cash flow yield and margin will be higher comparing to the big box when you mark up your msrp for jabba or malvolance by 60% as an example.  Let saying their cost is 60 to buy jabba from Lego, big box sells for 100 vs TRU for 160.  Big box will need to sell 2.5 units to their 1 to generate the same profit before overhead.  The units might move slower but they can have lower inventory thus less working capital and all the manpower to restock the shelves.

• 2 weeks later...