Gold Box Deals - Decisions, Decisions

hepcatpunk

So I was looking at Amazon today and checking out the personalized deals for me underl the Gold Box Section, and there were quite a few Legos I'd been recently browsing through w/some decent discounts, but I'm wondering which is best: Jabba's Palace - 30% off---decent deal but it's been this low before and relatively new Winter Village Cottage - 5% off---not as good %-wise, but a ton more pieces for the price and looks nice City Forest Police Station - 30% off ---seems like a good deal, but it is a police station Vampyre's Castle--only 8% off---I know it's EOL soon, but too bad it wasn't a greater % as even after that discount it'd be the highest I would pay for any of the Castles I already have I'm leaning toward the Cottage....what do you think?

i would go for the jabbas palace. 30% off is pretty good for a set that is popular and only came out a couple of months ago. honestly, how much more of a discount can we expect on a set like this other than waiting for a clearance deal the day after christmas (if any are left anywhere). i could see it maybe going down to 35% off at some point, but anything more than that is probably not happening on this set. if jabba doesn't do it for you the the vamp castle would be second on my list because it will be gone soon. 8% is not much though. can you get this at TRU with a bogo sale at a better discount? (side note...jabba is $150 retail at TRU, so forget using a bogo on that set). are you near a lego store? i picked up three of the winter village cottages at the mall of america lego store for $70/each on clearance this past february. some of the lego stores may still have some in stock.

How do you think the Forest Police Station will do? It is more unique than the rest of the repetitive stations.

I think it will do pretty well. The bear figure is awesome and is exclusive to this set and the already retired Robbers Hideout. The Robbers Hideout is already doing well on eBay!