New LOTR sets cons?

I will agree, most of the complaints are about movie correctness, not that the build sucks or that the minifigs aren't great. The pirate ship will do very well. You a (1)Licensed (2)Pirate (3)Ship from a (4) very successful movie series. Four key points that will make it a success. Throw in the fact that it has like 10 minifigs and you have an amazing investment set. The Black Gate is what it is, a black gate. A MOC'er really needs a 2nd one though to really make it look good like the movie. Yes, the Eagle is terrible. The Rivendell scene isn't great, but the minifigs again carry the set. Wizard Battle will probably be the only Saruman you will see in a set. What other scene can they make that will have him? I guess they could throw him in an Ent Battle set or he could be in Orthanc, but other than that, he will be exclusive. Which speaking of, will be an AFOL's dream come true when it's announced. You won't want to miss out on it, especially if they make the Eye of Sauron as well. Can't remember the exact name of it.

He's in Orthanc. Standing at the balcony as we speak - er - type. It was a fun build.

The gate is awesome, and has one of the coolest minifigs to date: the Mouth of Sauron, and also a Return of the King version of Aragorn. Absolutely lovely. Plus you can buy two and have a huge badass gate.

Speaking of which, what does the Mouth of Sauron minifigure's head look like without his (its?) helmet? I'm curious as heck and that mouth of his looks very similiar to the "Chatterer" character from Hellraiser.

Speaking of which, what does the Mouth of Sauron minifigure's head look like without his (its?) helmet? I'm curious as heck and that mouth of his looks very similiar to the "Chatterer" character from Hellraiser.

The head printing on the Mouth of Sauron is literally just the mouth. He has no eyes or other features. To be honest, I think this was a good choice on LEGO's part. It allowed them to maximize the size and look of the mouth (in combination with the unique helmet).