Lego jacking up prices this year

15 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Sure thing.  It's always good with managers until corporate looks into numbers and issues a verdict that you are now cut off!

Managers can be great to work with, but you have to use "your own" discretion because corporate does monitor sales.  They will contact the store managers if your buys catch their eye.

so is 75k in a month to much? asking for a friend...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Sure thing.  It's always good with managers until corporate looks into numbers and issues a verdict that you are now cut off!

Managers can be great to work with, but you have to use "your own" discretion because corporate does monitor sales.  They will contact the store managers if your buys catch their eye.

He has limited me to one GWP per day and 2 of any set ever since the original Tumbler release when I bought them all. So almost 8 years of punishment was lifted for a day. 

I think they have their rules/limits and its arbitrary where and when they get applied.  My guess it has to do with regions, the people involved and time of year.  Everything can be great for a while and then one day the hammer comes down -- or for some "friends" it doesn't 😜  Their rules and practices have always been looseygoosey, varying from store to store but at least in my area, things have tightened up over the past few years.

1 hour ago, ravenb99 said:

so is 75k in a month to much? asking for a friend...

I could see doing that once, but on an ongoing basis?  Or, indefinitely?  In any case, I'm sure there are some that have made the right connections.  Kudos to them and/or your "friend"

16 hours ago, dennugsmello said:

Prices will increase but large markdowns will follow suit. There is an over abundance of inventory entering the market and spending is down. There will be plenty of deals in the the coming future. 

The deals may be similar to this

$40 set moves to $48

Old $40 set perma-20% discount to $32

New $48 set gets AMAZING 30% discount to $33

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, iahawks550 said:

The deals may be similar to this

$40 set moves to $48

Old $40 set perma-20% discount to $32

New $48 set gets AMAZING 30% discount to $33

Most likely why Amazon put % of savings to the left of price.  Most people would not know about the new MSRP.  But they will see the % of savings and purchase accordingly 

image_2022-08-02_084002652.png

7 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Most likely why Amazon put % of savings to the left of price.  Most people would not know about the new MSRP.  But they will see the % of savings and purchase accordingly 

image_2022-08-02_084002652.png

But what ppl may be missing is also a change in B2B prices.

LEGO increase their prices to counter inflation, so they must also increase prices they offer to retailers, otherwise there's little sense. 

Amazon and others may provide higher discounts on a stock they bought previously at lower prices, but I am 100% certain price increase will follow with future stock deliveries.

• Like 3

I just realized the MSRP for Mario figure series 5 is $5.99 versus $4.99 like previous series.  This and the new packaging mean I am done with the series.

On 8/2/2022 at 8:54 AM, severalads said:

Amazon and others may provide higher discounts on a stock they bought previously at lower prices, but I am 100% certain price increase will follow with future stock deliveries.

Sure, but my point was most people would not know the MSRP prior to 8/1.  So they would think they get better deal with bigger discount %, even though the actual $ paid is higher now vs on 7/31.  The higher $ paid should account for the increase in B2B price

• Like 2

On 8/3/2022 at 5:06 PM, cardensb said:

The online store now has the UCS Falcon and AT-AT for $849.99 up $50.  I did not notice any other sets increased.

Side note, the Advent set will be available on 1 SEP. I will probably do a big by of the new ships then along with it.

They increased a lot of the creator expert / icons sets too.   Many of the modular s have price increases.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, CsabaLazlo said:

Off topic...

How can you tell what his SEO is like? I've been playing around buidling an offline blog to teach myself webdesign and haven't looked at SEO yet.

I'm not an expert but for a time I helped my brother out who owns a number of websites -- some similar to this one.  Imo, it's just silly article to begin with.  Substitute any theme for Ideas and it's all the same.  "Lego Ideas set have become larger and more expensive".  There's the whole article -- nothing else said adds to it.  Now how can that be expanded to 1500 - 2000 words, insert graphs, pics, links to other articles, repeat key words, make searchable headlines throughout . . . -- affiliate links.  From my understanding it's not really an effective webpage to do any more because Google changes up its analytics so much.  Again, I'm not an expert but when I started reading it it just hit me with being a shallow article that just strove to hit all the right metics for search results -- although dated in its approach.

• Like 1