Save 0.7% or more on PayPal Processing

Legodog

We brought this up in another thread and realized that not many people probably know about this so I figured I would make a dedicated post for it. The usual fee for processing your transactions on PayPal is 2.9%. If you process more than $3000 per month you can apply for a lower rate of 2.5% and if you do more than $10,000 per month in sales you can get a 2.2% rate. The application for upgrading takes less than a minute. Here is some more info: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/merchant-fees

We brought this up in another thread and realized that not many people probably know about this so I figured I would make a dedicated post for it.

The usual fee for processing your transactions on PayPal is 2.9%. If you process more than $3000 per month you can apply for a lower rate of 2.5% and if you do more than $10,000 per month in sales you can get a 2.2% rate. The application for upgrading takes less than a minute. Here is some more info:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/merchant-fees

Based on what I have found on Paypal you pay a 1.9% rate if you process over $100,000 a month. I would assume most people are not anywhere near that, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

We brought this up in another thread and realized that not many people probably know about this so I figured I would make a dedicated post for it.

The usual fee for processing your transactions on PayPal is 2.9%. If you process more than $3000 per month you can apply for a lower rate of 2.5% and if you do more than $10,000 per month in sales you can get a 2.2% rate. The application for upgrading takes less than a minute. Here is some more info:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/merchant-fees

Does anyone know if Paypal would consider people with inconsistent sales ? For example if in a good month you sold $5000 but next month $1200, the 2 months average is still more than $3000.

Also, if you get the discount and next month sales drop (for whatever reason), would you loose your discount ?

Does anyone know if Paypal would consider people with inconsistent sales ? For example if in a good month you sold $5000 but next month $1200, the 2 months average is still more than $3000.

Also, if you get the discount and next month sales drop (for whatever reason), would you loose your discount ?

That's what I was thinking. Over the space of 12 months I might reach that mark, but it fluctuates.

Let's see, $3,000 a month, 0.4% of that comes to....$12 a month, or $144/year, I guess that helps a bit, nothing to get too excited about though. $10,000/month, I would start saving $70/month or $840/year, that would be a bit more substantial but I highly doubt there is anyone that continuously maintains $10k a month in ebay lego sales.