75326 - Boba Fett's Throne Room

Lobot

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/boba-fett-s-throne-room-75326

I thought we had a separate topic for this set created already so if I missed it admins, please combine.

I bought this set at Costco for $79.99, 20% off from the Lego online store cost of $99.99.  I was on the fence for $100 but $80 seemed reasonable based on the figures and it should display well as a standalone set.

Obviously it has seven unique figures.  I wish it had a second Gamorrean Guard. Yes, the purple haired extra was in the series as a background character as Boba takes the throne from Bib; no one seems to complain about who the other two figures portray. Boba appears to be a new body print, as expected, with the black underclothing being prominent and his arms are well printed with details of his armor. Fennec lacks a helmet in this version but has a big hairpiece and a nice sniper rifle. The set is loaded with stuff for play action. 

Now onto the "stuff". It's hard to see in the online photos but the back opens up revealing a roasting spit behind the throne and a table with drinks in the back corner.  A box with a pile of bones fills another corner.  The throne slides forward to reveal a hidden storage area, ideal to hide some weapons and valuables. The throne has some play action that I guess is to throw Bib off the throne.  I never get those things to work because I must place the figure on the other stud, firmly.  The stairwell at the main entrance also has similar play action. The main door raises up but has no locking action but it does have the droid eyeball that questioned C3PO and R2D2 so many years ago.  The exterior of the door has a pair of blasters on a swivel stud above the door.  The top of the tower is wide enough for a figure to be placed in overwatch and includes a spot to mount some binos.  The left most wing is a simple table with drinks for two extras to sit as the drama unfolds. The roof does have a barrel that is perfect to hide some detonators. A ****** like device can be found mounted on a wall and a crate of valuables is near the throne too. There are lots of drinks, cups and goblets laying around the place too.

The set looks nice and will be welcome on a shelf displaying some existing icon sets. It took about 2 hours to build, the instructions are clear, no areas were confusing or built backwards. I did notice the instructions had little graphics at the end of each bag's "chapter" with a sort of star burst highlighting you achieved something in the short journey. Also notice along the bottom that Boba Fett moves from left to right as a marker of your progress in case you are not sure if bag 3 of 6 is almost there or not, lol.

I feel like the short Disney Plus series was a missed opportunity for more sets especially if the Rancor mold still exists. I assume we will get the "Mods" biker gang in full power ranger colors maybe as the epic chase scene with the mayor's majordomo "racing away" in a speeder on a busy street. Timing is everything in many toy lines but Lego manages to be able to release sets months and years after the material inspiring it disappearing from conversation and television.  We need some Pykes too, if anyone from Lego lurks here... and a Sheriff.