7188 - King's Carriage Ambush

kerrmando

These sets have been discontinued for a little while now but I don't really think they have gone up in value too much. I have the opportunity to buy ten of them for 36 bucks each. Do we think they are going to go up in value enough in the next two years to make that a significantly good enough investment? Lemme know what ya'll think..

• Like 1

I agree with Rich, 36 bucks a pop isn't too great when you likely won't be able to get much more than MSRP for them. As a guy who's into castle from a builders point of view, this isn't a set I would have bought new for 39.99, and I'm not going to do it now. I can see the actual castle structures doing better, though.

• Like 1

It is a decent set, but with more Castle sets on the way, this could end up stagnating around retail for a while longer. Plus it was discontinued barely two years ago. There could be an eventual payoff, but you may have to wait another 3-5 years for that. (And if Lego makes even more Castle sets next year, longer still.) It all depends on how long you are willing to sit on them for.

• 5 months later...

I got a few from Walmart when they were on their way out for $20 each. I sold a few, kept one for myself and I have one last one that just didn't seem to sell. I'm probably just going to keep it for myself. I'd pass on this set for investment. The Kindom's stuff is doing well but this seems to be the weakest.