Are people this dumb?

I bought Helms Deep from someone and guess how they shipped it? No fn box! Just the box the set came in. How can someone be this stupid?

Yes...They are that dumb! I hate these EBAY sellers that do not protect a LEGO box. It must have happened like 20-30 times to me, mostly, they just wrap the LEGO boxes in brown paper. Sometimes they put tape on the LEGO boxes. GGGRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! One tool told me I should request a shipping box. Idiots! End of rant! LOL

I didn't even get the brown paper. I wonder what the best way to resolve this? I am totally pissed. I could ask for a refund but then I have to ship it back at my expense. SOB!

Exactly. Because of this idiot, you have to waste your time and money to send it back. Is the box damaged? If it is, ask the seller for a partial refund or you will open a case against them. A damaged box is worth at least $20 to me. I have threatened to leave negative feedback many times and in most cases, the sellers will refund a portion of the money to keep me quiet. If all else fails, open a case with EBAY support. I have had excellent results dealing with EBAY support in matters like this.

The box is pretty much destroyed. I wouldn't be surprised if the set was damaged. Unfortunately, I got the set from someone off of craigslist. I did pay with paypal though.

You can file a complaint with Pay Pal, but they don't respond in the same manner as when it is an Ebay case. How much did you pay if you don't mind?

You can file a complaint with Pay Pal, but they don't respond in the same manner as when it is an Ebay case. How much did you pay if you don't mind?

$75

Basically, it sounds like he just dropped it off at fed ex and expected them to package it.

At this point, maybe you should open it and see what's in there.