Who lives in a pineapple under the sea and getting discontinued?

Other than a blip on Brickipedia, I have no actual source but it has the Spongebob Squarepants theme listed as being discontinued.

Also, the Master Brick Academy (Sorry for everyone that subscribed to that, ouch.) and the Super Heroes - Ultrabuilds.

I saw something for introducing sets based on the upcoming film, Planes.

Someone already mentioned that bit last year so nothing new.

True or not, how do you feel about it?

I'm a little surprised, but then again am not. Those latest Spongebob sets have been sitting on shelves FOREVER.

Don't bother, these cartoon type sets are great for young kids but by the time they are old enough to start really knowing what they want and asking for it, they have moved on to Chima, Ninjago, superheros and City. These are likely going to be investment duds like toy story. I recently saw someone sell the complete spongebob series on ebay in a huge lot and wound up going for under msrp, even with several of the sets being rare and EOL'd.

Don't bother, these cartoon type sets are great for young kids but by the time they are old enough to start really knowing what they want and asking for it, they have moved on to Chima, Ninjago, superheros and City. These are likely going to be investment duds like toy story. I recently saw someone sell the complete spongebob series on ebay in a huge lot and wound up going for under msrp, even with several of the sets being rare and EOL'd.

agreed!! These types of sets are good for one thing.......getting them super cheap and flipping them quick!

I like the Spongebob Cartoon and I enjoyed the Lego sets but I never really thought there was enough material to make a decent sized theme. I have collected all the ones I like and I do like the flying Dutchman set in particular, it's just a fun set from the cartoon. These items are for my personal collection, Spongebob is a classic cartoon for me.

It seems odd that people are saying the the theme is a bad performer. Check the set prices for the Spongebob theme sets - They have done well & will continue to do well. There are lots of adult fans of Spongebob (maybe even more adults than kids).

What an eye opener! A few from the original 1-2 runs of SB sets are selling for big % gains in the secondary market. The only reason I can think that the most recent ones going EOL will not do as well are:

1. There are no large sets (BB Party is $50 MSRP).

2. SBSP TV show may not be as popular as it was 2-3 years ago.

3. BB Party is very similar to one of the original sets that's already gone EOL.

I'm now officially conflicted about this theme's prospects for the afterlife. Seeing some of those previous set returns (Krusty Krab, Adventures in BB, Emergency Room, etc.) makes me think this theme may have some legs relatively soon.

But hey! People bought it for big money, so I am willing to buy them! I agree that they are lame, but they are good invesments!

Exactly - it's all about the resale of these things. These sets could be terrible, but if they make me money, I'm good.

But hey! People bought it for big money, so I am willing to buy them! I agree that they are lame, but they are good invesments!

Exactly - it's all about the resale of these things. These sets could be terrible, but if they make me money, I'm good.

Like those Friends sets, too.

Like those Friends sets, too. And the Monster Fighter sets. ;) jk.

Like those Friends sets, too. And the Monster Fighter sets. ;) jk. "To each their own."

That's all I'm gonna say....