Morbius

TheOrcKing

I'm a fan of Jared Leto and am looking forward to this but do wish the rumor was true about another vampire property. My understanding is Leto was attached to reboot Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles. I think he would have made an incredible Lestat, played by Tom Cruise in Interview with A Vampire. For those unfamiliar, imagine a 1980's rockstar, where the "act" is that he is a vampire. I feel like Leto would have killed that role!

I remember seeing a teaser for the film about a year ago and it certainly caught my interest. Dr. Michael Morbius was one from the Spider-man's rogues gallery who had an eye-catching appearance (especially in more recent years) with a "hero turned villain sort of" backstory. (His original comic book appearance he was a villain with the backstory added much later I believe.)

The only part of his shown abilities I have several questions for would be how the heck does he fly? Then again how does Superman soar? Some sort of telekinesis? ....Insert "magic meme" here? Ha.

On 11/5/2021 at 4:54 PM, bonusbrick said:

I'm a fan of Jared Leto and am looking forward to this but do wish the rumor was true about another vampire property. My understanding is Leto was attached to reboot Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles. I think he would have made an incredible Lestat, played by Tom Cruise in Interview with A Vampire. For those unfamiliar, imagine a 1980's rockstar, where the "act" is that he is a vampire. I feel like Leto would have killed that role!

I have not watched Interview with the Vampire in a long while but I do know I enjoyed the film very much so. Leto as Lestat, I can see that. No discredit meant towards Sam Reid in the upcoming television series planned for next year from what I have read.