Your experiences with 'Temporarily Unavailable' items on Amazon (all countries)

cheeka

Thanks for the update Highlander. I've still not heard anything, but I think I was a day later than you in ordering so hopefully that means I'll have an email from them tomorrow.

I've noticed that the price has dropped since I ordered - only by a couple of euros so nothing drastic - any ideas if I'll pay the price when I ordered, or will they honour today's lower price?

cheeka has your set arrived yet?

Nope :( No news on an estimated delivery date and somewhat worryingly, I've just noticed that when you search for the set, the main page now shows availability from a third party seller rather than Amazon themselves. Still listed as 'temporarily unavailable' through amazon.es if you view the 'all available' section, but I don't take the promotion of a third party to the main page be a good sign. I suppose they could be limiting visibility on the offer until they've got a date available to meet the existing orders. At least there's the double VIP event coming up next week if this one does fall through for me. I have

Wooo! Email received about an hour and a half ago - my GE has been dispatched and should be with me on Wednesday! I'm almost struggling to contain my excitement, I'd near enough given this one up as a bad egg :) Bonus - this means I can allocate my double VIP points elsewhere next week! I'm thinking Fire Brigade to sit next to the GE, and a Haunted House to live by the Vampyre Castle down the spooky end of my town. And a 4 day weekend coming up so I can spend some serious time starting to build it all!

Awesome cheeka!

A question in relation to this, if an item is listed as Out Of Stock, how long generally before it becomes available?

Great news cheeka,

When i ordered my GE it was out of stock, then recieved the dispatch email after a few days.

I see the price was back up to

Yeah, I'm still fairly giddy this morning! In fact, I think I've turned into an AFOLALAK (AFOL Acting Like a Kid!) since I got the email.

I've actually just tracked my package and rather amusingly, I think it's being delivered from Milton Keynes. It was scanned out from there shortly before 8.30 last night, and given that Milton Keynes isn't quite Spain, there's a chance it might turn up earlier than Wednesday.

Took 9 days from placing my order to getting a dispatch notification - my only experience with a TOOS purchase though, so no idea how this compares to the average.

GE is currently out of stock as well as the Vampyre Castle. I remember when this happened with the Maersk Train. Never went back in stock. From what I can see, they're accepting every order they are receiving but aren't managing to keep a stock to fulfill orders immediately. On the other hand, the FB is still in stock. Will GE go EOL before FB? That would be a punch below the belt.

Yes, that's what will happen if you choose to group the items, in order to reduce shipping costs.

Update to this, I ordered the GE & Sopwith Camel last weekend, the GE was temp out of stock.

Amazon es accepted the order, 2 days later they emailed the Sopwith Camel will be dispatched and the money is now out my account.

So just to let you no they won't wait on the GE to restock and group them together :(