How to increase Ebay feedback (quickest way)

Alcarin

Guest TabbyBoy

On my last eBay account, 47% of buyers over the last 10 years have left me feedback, all positive apart from one neutral where a package was lost (neither fault) and refunded.  I've never hounded them as it's up to them if they wish to leave feedback or not.  Just be patient and you'll get it soon enough.  You can always put a polite note at the end of a listing (or with the item) saying something like "Thank you for your purchase, please leave positive feedback to confirm that you are happy with your purchase or contact me before doing so if you have any concerns."  I leave buyers positive feedback once funds are fully cleared and the chargeback window has closed.  Sometimes this prompts buyers to do the same.  I will NEVER ask a buyer for feedback without giving it to them first.

I find that it does not matter how good a job I do or if I leave feedback first. A lot of buyers just don't do it. I'm at 1700 positive feedback so at this point I don't really care anymore. I leave feedback after the buyer does and don't even think about it. I agree with the comment about not begging buyers for feedback. It's not worth the trouble.

Guest TabbyBoy

I find that it does not matter how good a job I do or if I leave feedback first. A lot of buyers just don't do it. I'm at 1700 positive feedback so at this point I don't really care anymore. I leave feedback after the buyer does and don't even think about it. I agree with the comment about not begging buyers for feedback. It's not worth the trouble.

It ain't worth it as begging a "slightly unhappy" buyer for feedback over a cheap item could trigger a negative.  I did buy about

Hello I usually sold on Bricklink but since December last year I started selling on Ebay with moderate success. Now i sold like 9 auctions and out of 6 arrived I got 5 feedbacks (3 were sent this week) I want to get over 25 feedback as fast as possible so I can get ready for X-mas season this year. Is there a way to obtain that without loosing money on below prices because people are kinda afraid to bid? Sure people buy stuff but I only get 1-3 bidders bidding since I only got 5 feedback. Maybe I should ask friend to buy 10x 0.99 or 0,01 stuff items and post positive :P Any thoughts and knowledge appreciated.

Good luck. I have sold 60 items in the last 2 weeks and received 3 feedbacks (yes I left positive feedback for all 60). I am done leaving feedback now.

If you think getting people to leave feedback is tough on ebay try amazon. I have 2 positives on over 200 sales. 

IMO it's too ambiguous, to most people, who they are buying from.  I think a lot of people assume they are buying from Amazon, and if they don't, they at least expect them to act like Amazon if they're selling there, ie ship quickly, etc.

I'm at 25% feedback returned on eBay.  Some have come weeks after the sale and delivery.  I usually leave feedback before or when the item is delivered. 

It really used to irritate me when all the sellers on eBay would only leave positive feedback, once positive feedback was left for them.  I realize why it was done, there are a lot of idiots out there, but it just rubbed me wrong.  As a buyer, once I pay, my end of the transaction is complete. 

Good luck. I have sold 60 items in the last 2 weeks and received 3 feedbacks (yes I left positive feedback for all 60). I am done leaving feedback now.

If you thought you weren't getting many now, stopping will not help that.  No reason to stop.  Its a few clicks and there left. They will leave for you in time.  50-60% is average on ebay.  You will get there if you keep leaving it.

When you're just starting out on ebay (like me), you can try this to boost feedback:  I wait until a couple days after each item ships, do the tracking on it and find out when it arrives in their state (or town).  Then I'll "contact the buyer" sending a short note saying "USPS tracking says your item now in Oklahoma, so it should be arriving at your door soon.  Once it arrives and you are completely satisfied, we appreciate your positive feedback. Thank you!"  I've found I get a lot more feedback doing this.  I've even had people write back saying, "Thank you so much for the update! I'm sure it will be great when it gets here, and you're definitely getting A+ feedback when it does."  I think I get about 80% feedback this way.

This was always a peeve of mine... ordering stuff on ebay, and having 3 to 7 days go by with no word directly from the seller.  Even with the shipping notice from ebay, I'm wondering, Did he really ship it? FedEx, or pony express?  What's going on?... So I appreciate it when a seller gives me a direct update.  Of course, once you're shipping over a dozen items per week, I can see this would be too time consuming.  Once I reach a score of 100 or so, I'll probably give it up.

• Like 1

I've sold 8 items in the last couple of weeks. All meticulously packed, shipped priority, and shipped the same day payment came in. I even left feedback for them when the payment came in.

I've received ZERO feedback from these sales.

I figured 50% would be average, but I'm closer to 25% over the last year.

Two weeks ago I sold 25 items and received zero feedback, I may get one as an item went to Australia so there is still hope.

It seems that people can't be bothered to leave feedback during Christmas and during the rest of the year I sit around 35%.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

Call me a beggar but I:

1. Mention trading positive feedback in my ads.

2. Suggest it again on the little paper note I include with shipments, along with helpful tips on resolving any unforseen issues.

3. Contact them 3-10 days after they receive the item with pleasant "checking in, everything ok?" message and same reminders.

4. Simply suggest one final time after 2-3 weeks have passed that we exchange positive feedback for mutual benefit.

#3 and #4 have raised my feedback score probably 20% extra. I used to leave positive feedback before #4 as extra incentive, but have found it makes no difference.

I do have a lot of extra time on my hands, but it only takes a few minutes once a week or so with a cut and paste routine and the proper clicking rhythm to blast out a dozen or two at a time.

• Like 1

Honestly feedback isn't going to make a huge difference as long as you have over 20 unless you are looking to be Top Seller with a store. People are looking more for the positive rate. If you have 25 with 100% positive then your fine for just being small time. Yes, more feedback will help but it's not like you will instantly be able to sell an item if you have 10,000 FB vs. 20. Then it eventually will build up as you sell more and more. If you really have to have feedback then buy a bunch of cheap crap which is absolutely dumb.

It is frustrating for your hard work to not be appreciated. But I for one will always take the high road.

Take pride in my quality packaging and prompt service and the feedbacks will come.

I even upgraded shipments to priority mail when parcel select was purchased. In almost all cases it was cheaper for me to do so and the buyers items arrived quicker. Did I get positive feedback or thanks? Partially, but most buyers didn't even say anything (even when I sent them a message about upgrading their shipping for free).

I ask buyers to look at my feedback in my listings, b/c those few that do leave feedback are your good customers.

• 2 months later...

I just recently changed over from selling media (video games,cds,dvds) and after 15 years I received feedback about 20% of the time.  Lego seems to run about the same.  Emailing people to leave feedback never turns out good as it normally leads to someone getting upset for being reminded to leave feedback.

I give em about 2 weeks. If no feedback received then they get the reminder emails. It only takes a few seconds to leave feedback, heck it only takes me about 2-4 seconds to leave feedback for a buyer.

People just gotta be more responsible on eBay and giving feedback in a timely manner is part of it.

Look around for items to flip with a profit. It may take effort,  the more you do it the easier it gets. After 100 FB you are golden. Personally I could care less if anyone leaves me FB.  It is not worth my time to beg for FB.  I always give buyers FB. Percentage wise I think most of my Buyers leave FB.  My percentage FB on Amazon is extremely low. On another note...when I get a stupid request/question from a potential buyer, I typically do not answer and put them on my blocked bidder list.  And concerning Christmas sales...Predetermine a cut off date for your Christmas Listings to avoid Nervous Nelly buyers who MUST RECIEVE before Xmas.

Never remind a buyer for feedback. You might just get some you don't like at all from a cranky buyer.

The best way to build feedback if you feel a low number is holding you back is to buy things on eBay that you would normally buy anyway (household items, whatever). Most sellers are responsible about leaving feedback at time of purchase, most of the rest will leave feedback if you leave it for them after the transaction, and the few remaining can be nicely asked after the fact - they can't give you a negative if it irks them.

Contrary to popular belief amongst inexperienced and/or naive and/or obsessive sellers ;) feedback is not a right. Buyers don't have to leave it, there's no rule they have to leave it, and it's up to them when or if they ever leave it. Opinions about "their responsibility" are the equivalent of tilting at windmills. There are more important hills to die on.

The number of positive feedback received is really over rated. It's not that big of a deal. The most important thing is being 100% positive. As long as you have 25-30+ and 100% then very few buyers are going to care. Buy stuff and sell small items to get to the 25-30 then don't worry about it. You have to do whatever it takes to stay at 100%. Even if that means giving in to the irrational demands of a delusional buyer occasionally. Take a deep breath and remind yourself to think about the big picture and long term sales and how that would be affected if you get a negative feedback. Then you block those people so you never have to deal with them again.

Edited by jbacunn