How to increase Ebay feedback (quickest way)

Alcarin

Hello I usually sold on Bricklink but since December last year I started selling on Ebay with moderate success. Now i sold like 9 auctions and out of 6 arrived I got 5 feedbacks (3 were sent this week) I want to get over 25 feedback as fast as possible so I can get ready for X-mas season this year. Is there a way to obtain that without loosing money on below prices because people are kinda afraid to bid? Sure people buy stuff but I only get 1-3 bidders bidding since I only got 5 feedback. Maybe I should ask friend to buy 10x 0.99 or 0,01 stuff items and post positive :P Any thoughts and knowledge appreciated.

Maybe I should ask friend to buy 10x 0.99 or 0,01 stuff items and post positive :P

Any thoughts and knowledge appreciated.

:o I wouldn't do that! Lots of $1 items is one of the ways that people on this site are identifying dropscammers.

Maybe start out with your lower value sets? I've got a few Friends calendars tucked away for this purpose later in the year, just to boost feedback with something relatively small.

:o I wouldn't do that! Lots of $1 items is one of the ways that people on this site are identifying dropscammers.

Maybe start out with your lower value sets? I've got a few Friends calendars tucked away for this purpose later in the year, just to boost feedback with something relatively small.

Agreed don't do that......horrible idea. You are in the situation that all of us were at at one point in time. Just sell stuff and eventually your feedback will get to a desirable level it takes time though. I would never buy something from someone with a bunch of 99 cent item feedbacks and I am sure that many others wouldn't either. People will look at what you have sold, not just if your feedback is positive.

Agreed don't do that......horrible idea. You are in the situation that all of us were at at one point in time. Just sell stuff and eventually your feedback will get to a desirable level it takes time though. I would never buy something from someone with a bunch of 99 cent item feedbacks and I am sure that many others wouldn't either. People will loom at what you have sold, not just if your feedback is positive.

Yeh but I just sold those Imperial Soldiers for 160$+ shipping then I sold 2x 0.99$ actual items and I sent both no problem. It was an auction with only 1 bid

Just waiting for those feedbacks then I have some more low valuable items to sell.

I just want to get to 15-20 feedback before November.

It really is a pain dealing with the feedback side of it. I have had so many people not leave feedback, so now I don't even worry about it. I used to have it set to auto give feedback once someone had paid, but I had a heap of people not leave anything in return. Now I only leave it if I receive it first, but that hasn't changed it much either. People are just slack.

Up to half of buyers will simply never leave feedback - if you get 55%-60% of the buyers leave one, that is good. Don't be annoying & beg for feedback to be left either. As a buyer, I will rarely ever leave non positive feedback or low DSR's, but I had one person ask 4-5 times if I would leave feedback. That transaction had issues, but it was a new seller, so I had decided not to leave them one instead of giving them a low rating (I even mentioned it to them in my email responses). But they kept insisting - so they got their low rating (that I didn't want to leave).

Up to half of buyers will simply never leave feedback - if you get 55%-60% of the buyers leave one, that is good.

Don't be annoying & beg for feedback to be left either. As a buyer, I will rarely ever leave non positive feedback or low DSR's, but I had one person ask 4-5 times if I would leave feedback. That transaction had issues, but it was a new seller, so I had decided not to leave them one instead of giving them a low rating (I even mentioned it to them in my email responses). But they kept insisting - so they got their low rating (that I didn't want to leave).

See I would never do this. Ok I would leave low rating for someone who had 100+ feedbacks and gave bad business

But if someone has 4 feedbacks or whatever below 20-40 I simply put a good one and tell him what was wrong and if he will not improve he will get bad by someone else

• Like 1

See I would never do this. Ok I would leave low rating for someone who had 100+ feedbacks and gave bad business

But if someone has 4 feedbacks or whatever below 20-40 I simply put a good one and tell him what was wrong and if he will not improve he will get bad by someone else

I can't remember all the details about the transaction, but it had to have been pretty bad - The very last thing that I ever want to do is leave anything other than 5 stars straight across the board. Even in this case - I still left a positive, with no 1's or 2's (which are the ones that do damage).

Hello I usually sold on Bricklink but since December last year I started selling on Ebay with moderate success.

Now i sold like 9 auctions and out of 6 arrived I got 5 feedbacks (3 were sent this week)

I want to get over 25 feedback as fast as possible so I can get ready for X-mas season this year.

Is there a way to obtain that without loosing money on below prices because people are kinda afraid to bid?

Sure people buy stuff but I only get 1-3 bidders bidding since I only got 5 feedback.

Maybe I should ask friend to buy 10x 0.99 or 0,01 stuff items and post positive :P

Any thoughts and knowledge appreciated.

I have started out selling minifigures and old things around the house. If you describe it nicely, usually you will get good feedback. I am currently selling my old pokemon cards, which has been a pretty good way to get feedback.

It really is a pain dealing with the feedback side of it. I have had so many people not leave feedback, so now I don't even worry about it. I used to have it set to auto give feedback once someone had paid, but I had a heap of people not leave anything in return. Now I only leave it if I receive it first, but that hasn't changed it much either. People are just slack.

agreed...about a month ago i had approx 50 items listed at one time. one guy bought at least 30 of them. he didn't leave any feedback for any of them. that's 30 positive feedbacks that basically went in the garbage. my feedback is almost to 500, and those 30 would have put me over easy. the thing that got me was that this guy had over 1000 positive feedbacks, so he obviously knows how it works and the importance of it. what a jerk. i always leave feedback right away once payment is received because after all, they held up their side of the deal and i got paid, so why should i hold their feedback hostage? sometimes people are just lazy or don't care i guess.

I have no idea of any 'quick feed' plan you could do to get a lot of postive feedback. Maybe buying A LOT of stuff from everyone and hope they leave you a positive, but that would just be for the buying not selling side. Still, if people see a good & dependable buyer they may be more lenient or feel at ease to order from you. Just tossing out ideas. Anyway, I always make a point of leaving feedback. How hard is it to take two minutes out of your way to say "Thank you"? I basically wait til I get the item, and leave something like "Fast delivery. Exactly what I ordered. Good seller!". You know, something to that effect. The only time I would leave anything negative was if my order was not what I payed for, trashed beyond belief, and took months to get to me. Even then, I would rather email or send a private message about it instead of going 'guns ablazing' and leave a negative out right. For all I know, not one of the problems were the sellers fault. Instead it could have been the shipping service or maybe the guy had ten different orders going on at once and sent the wrong one, who knows. I'd rather try and see If I can work something out with the seller, than be a outright dick. However, if the seller really is just a douchebag, than I'm leaving a serious negative I tell you what.

Well We talked about making another account buying a couple 0.99 or 5$ items or so just for feedback but maybe people would think I am a scammer then. Maybe if i find someone with 100+ feedbacks willing to quick buy a few items from me give me positive and then i return money as gift as much as he paid :P That could possibly work so no shipping is done and only transaction gets done both ways and even if someone would check they would see peopel with 100+ FB giving me feedback not 0 fb users :D

Well We talked about making another account buying a couple 0.99 or 5$ items or so just for feedback but maybe people would think I am a scammer then.

Maybe if i find someone with 100+ feedbacks willing to quick buy a few items from me give me positive and then i return money as gift as much as he paid :P

That could possibly work so no shipping is done and only transaction gets done both ways and even if someone would check they would see peopel with 100+ FB giving me feedback not 0 fb users :D

Ebay feedback rules: Regardless of how many sales you make to the same buyer in the same week - ebay will only give you 1 feedback point. The feedback will show up, but you will only get credit for 1 feedback.

You can help your cause greatly by taking detailed photos that include a signature item that will instantly identify the item as belonging to you. It can be a business card, customized Lego minifig, whatever you want. Point is you want to convince people you really have the item since most scammers just throw up a stock photo and description. Other than that keep plugging away. Eventually your feedback will rise as you keep completing sales.

In my experience, only about 45% of buyers leave feedbacks. So on paper if you sell 100 $.49 items with FREE shipping, you should get about 45 feedbacks. Of course this means a lot of work for minimal profit (if any). Also, unless eBay changed it recently, you only get 1 feedback from each buyer per week. So if one buyer buys 20 items in 1 day, his 20 feedbacks only bump your tally up by 1.

In my experience, only about 45% of buyers leave feedbacks. So on paper if you sell 100 $.49 items with FREE shipping, you should get about 45 feedbacks. Of course this means a lot of work for minimal profit (if any).

Also, unless eBay changed it recently, you only get 1 feedback from each buyer per week. So if one buyer buys 20 items in 1 day, his 20 feedbacks only bump your tally up by 1.

Yeh but what if the same buyer buys 20 items over 20 weeks :P ?

remember my aim is to get over 25 feedback (currently on 5 + 4 pending) by Mid November :)

I have 3 items on sale as we speak. And I have about 4-6 things left to put on Ebay over the next month. Hopefuly majority will leave feedback.

I will also buy some things I guess.

You can help your cause greatly by taking detailed photos that include a signature item that will instantly identify the item as belonging to you. It can be a business card, customized Lego minifig, whatever you want. Point is you want to convince people you really have the item since most scammers just throw up a stock photo and description. Other than that keep plugging away. Eventually your feedback will rise as you keep completing sales.

Yeah I do this. I am thinking on adding my ebay nickname on piece of paper next to all photos I take while possible to Photoshop I think it will give more confidence already.

I think Ebay should make impossible to purchase another item if you have not given feedbacks and sale ended over 2 months ago. That way people would be forced to give feedback!

I think Ebay should make impossible to purchase another item if you have not given feedbacks and sale ended over 2 months ago. That way people would be forced to give feedback!

Why don't you put that note on your items and let 99% of potential buyers go to other sellers.

Feedback (like tips) is voluntary. Forcing it will drive customers away

Having low feedback is not the end of the world. All sellers with 100+ feedbacks started with 0.

Patience young padawan. Sell more you must. Feedback about 50% of time will you receive. Great service must you have. Ship quick you must. Low shipping charges must you have. Always a jerk to leave low DSR and negative feedback there is no matter how good your service. Patience. Yoda

• Like 1

Patience young padawan. Sell more you must. Feedback about 50% of time will you receive. Great service must you have. Ship quick you must. Low shipping charges must you have. Always a jerk to leave low DSR and negative feedback there is no matter how good your service. Patience. Yoda

Yes, agree with Yoda I must - for "The quick path to feedback is clouded by the dark side"

Just keep selling. Don't try to cheat by buying a bunch of cheap stuff. Don't try to game the system, or you'll end up on this site with someone wondering if you're a scammer. I started about a year ago, and I'm up to 1260 on 2143 transactions now. Just takes time.

• 1 year later...

I've sold 8 items  in the last couple of weeks. All meticulously packed, shipped priority, and shipped the same day payment came in. I even left feedback for them when the payment came in.

I've received ZERO feedback from these sales.

I figured 50% would be average, but I'm closer to 25% over the last year.

I've sold 8 items  in the last couple of weeks. All meticulously packed, shipped priority, and shipped the same day payment came in. I even left feedback for them when the payment came in.

I've received ZERO feedback from these sales.

I figured 50% would be average, but I'm closer to 25% over the last year.

Over time you should get to about half (25% is low, how many transactions?) - Just keep doing a good job, and things will average out.

I wouldn't suggest begging for feedback - sometimes a buyer is being kind by just saying nothing.

Leaving feedback before the entire transaction is complete also take away some incentive for the buyer.

Edited by KShine
  • Like 1