76240 - Batmobile Tumbler

jaisonline

amazon Japan posted some pics. 

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/76240/dp/B08XD62V41/ref=sr_1_1?crid=67LQFICLOPOG&dchild=1&keywords=lego+76240

If they really wanted to make this a superior set to the original, the motorcycle (bat pod) should have been included / integrated.

looks quite similar to the original despite the obvious different rear tires.

yet another set that looks pretty close to the previous version / remake using 90% parts / build.  
 E.g. Death Star : 10188 vs 75159 and Winter Toy Shop : 10199 vs 10249
we'll know more when folks can build and post comparison details.
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_08/63404_71gm0C9rN4L._AC_SL1002_.thumb.jpg.09f321ed9ef612efcc6c2577a742866c.jpg

http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_08/76023-1.jpg.737998484801862b0834f107e09061bd.jpg

• Like 1

• jaisonline changed the title to 76240 Lego Batmobile Tumbler (and 76023 The Tumbler)

I just can't make any sense of Lego doing this other than they are a business and businesses want to make money.  There are a few areas they improved on to better match the actual Tumbler from the movie such as the rear tires and the nose between front wheels.  However, removing smooth pieces outside the front wheels feels like a down grade.  If I didn't already own 76023 it would be a must buy for me.  Otherwise, it feels like a toss up between the two models.

Edited by BRIX23
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, BRIX23 said:

I just can't make any sense of Lego doing this other than they are a business and businesses want to make money.  There are a few areas they improved on to better match the actual Tumbler from the movie such as the rear tires and the nose between front wheels.  However, removing smooth pieces outside the front wheels feels like a down grade.  If I didn't already own 76023 it would be a must buy for me.  Otherwise, it feels like a toss up between the two models.

I think the old tires matched better.

f6bd7bce41970d3440878ca5f94084c8.jpg&f=1

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BRIX23 said:

I just can't make any sense of Lego doing this other than they are a business and businesses want to make money.  There are a few areas they improved on to better match the actual Tumbler from the movie such as the rear tires and the nose between front wheels.  However, removing smooth pieces outside the front wheels feels like a down grade.  

I honestly prefer the old one (on looks alone) - Looks as if the old minifigs get the win as well.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Eric83 said:

No thanks, I'll stick with the old one, which looks better in my opinion. Especially the back wheels feels "off" on this one. The rest of the "improvements" look very minor... maybe they've added an extra cheese slope here and there;)

Window Tinting is the new cheese slope ;) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

I don't know about that. From the comparison pic on Amazon of the new model vs the real Tumbler, the sides of the rear wheel treads are way off.

New Tumbler to Source Rear Wheels.jpg

Yeah I agree now that I'm seeing more pics.  Lego could have done a better job recreating those rear tires.  Using a concave tire doesn't match that of the original movie Tumbler.  

• Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 12:16 PM, oneknightr said:

I don't know about that. From the comparison pic on Amazon of the new model vs the real Tumbler, the sides of the rear wheel treads are way off.

f6bd7bce41970d3440878ca5f94084c8.jpg&f=1

Two new-ish LEGO Batman Tumblers coming in 2021! - Jay's Brick Blog

The Tumbler 76023 | Hard to Find Items | Buy online at the Official LEGO®  Shop US

I applaud lego for trying for the beefier look. 76023 just doesnt have the lug depth. But I do get what your saying.  76240 tread pattern is not even close. 

• Like 1

Remake of the iconic 76023 - The Tumbler by the same LEGO designer (Adam Grabowski) who created the previous version from 2014. 

76240_alt1.thumb.jpg.2cd4df572f91eba436d062215bb01caf.jpg

76240-1.thumb.jpg.a4a15a4a8e8fba71c0654ab9b458376d.jpg

76240_alt3.thumb.jpg.8dff4b0336dabb07e540b7198cfbb12b.jpg

His explanation about this set on Brickset:

It was decided to re-release the LEGO Tumbler, and since I made the 2014 one, I was asked to do it again.
Initially it was supposed to be a simple reissue, but I was allowed to change some things that annoyed me for the past 7 years, but only if I would fit it in within a pretty tight schedule (since it was supposed to be a simple reissue, the timeplan wasn’t laid out like it would be for a kit this size). I started with the rear end, in the first version it was way to narrow, and the tractor tyres (which I already keep on getting messages about how they are wrong, but in my opinion look similar enough to boggers that are on the real thing) didn’t exist either, then I pinched the front end to bring the wheels closer together, which led to a complete redesign of the first third of the model, at this point I managed to add the gunners window in the middle, and some suspension details I didn’t even know existed when I was building the first one (thank you @jaylenosgarage for the crystal clear footage during the day).
The rest remained mostly untouched, except for swapping bricks for new versions (like 2x6 tiles instead of 2 times 1x6 tiles), or for more correct colors (like smoke windows), but then, I was quite happy with it in 2014, and I saw no reason to reinvent it from scratch.

This does come at a price hike. While the 76023 was $199.99 / €199,99, the new Tumbler comes at $229.99 / €229,99.

Edited by HandyHand
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, HandyHand said:

....I started with the rear end, in the first version it was way to narrow, and the tractor tyres (which I already keep on getting messages about how they are wrong, but in my opinion look similar enough to boggers that are on the real thing) didn’t exist either, then I pinched the front end to bring the wheels closer together, which led to a complete redesign of the first third of the model, at this point I managed to add the gunners window in the middle, and some suspension details I didn’t even know existed when I was building the first one (thank you @jaylenosgarage for the crystal clear footage during the day).

Boggers are not on the Tumbler, Super Swampers are.  Both tires are made by Interco.

Here is a Bogger.

B-158_Bogger_Group_1200x1200.png?itok=E2

Here is a Super Swamper TSL

Radial_TSL_Group_1200x1200.png?itok=sbr-