Good site to sell Lego sets besides ebay?

i know this won't help you right now immediately. But we will be releasing a new feature here shortly that will definitely work to your benefit regarding the fees. Send me a PM of how much you are looking to sell, the maybe we can do something here.

Is there some sort of minimum amount weekly/monthly one should sell to be considered for this feature?

i know this won't help you right now immediately. But we will be releasing a new feature here shortly that will definitely work to your benefit regarding the fees. Send me a PM of how much you are looking to sell, the maybe we can do something here.

Are we going to be able to sell to eachother with something less than 18% in final fees? There is a ton of money for you guys to get from this!

Hopefully whatever you guys are working on is going to be searchable like Bricklink. If it is all just different posts from everybody stuff will get lost very quick and there will be bumping of threads by the second. Oh, and you have to use the outdated setup and graphics as well:) Regardless, it will be nice to have a forum that we can buy and sell to/from other serious Lego investors.

Hopefully whatever you guys are working on is going to be searchable like Bricklink. If it is all just different posts from everybody stuff will get lost very quick and there will be bumping of threads by the second. Oh, and you have to use the outdated setup and graphics as well:)

Regardless, it will be nice to have a forum that we can buy and sell to/from other serious Lego investors.

LOL...good one.

Hopefully whatever you guys are working on is going to be searchable like Bricklink. If it is all just different posts from everybody stuff will get lost very quick and there will be bumping of threads by the second. Oh, and you have to use the outdated setup and graphics as well:)

Regardless, it will be nice to have a forum that we can buy and sell to/from other serious Lego investors.

The good question is what will we benefit? I mean lets be serious, people here are those who can search and compare prices, and noone or only a few would want to overpay for items they can get cheaper elsewhere.

EOL stuff, sure we can sell eachother for 0% fees apart from paypal(or even exclude this on some trusted members and send as gifts) but that is the extent on which I see this working.

Or maybe I just have clouded vision :P

The good question is what will we benefit? I mean lets be serious, people here are those who can search and compare prices, and noone or only a few would want to overpay for items they can get cheaper elsewhere.

EOL stuff, sure we can sell eachother for 0% fees apart from paypal(or even exclude this on some trusted members and send as gifts) but that is the extent on which I see this working.

There are always people out there that like to squash dreams and burst bubbles. I guess I will tell Ed I no new enhancements to the site ever again :(

The benefits I see so far: 1) Less fees, even if the makers decide they want a very slight commission. 2) A more trusted buyer base. You don't know what sort of schmuck you're selling to on ebay that is looking to scam you. 3) Smarter buyer base. See above. 4) You know if you purchase something, it is coming to you packaged correctly. These are just a few off top of my head. They are probably not a certainty since there is low hanging fruit no matter where you go, but you get the point.

Maybe you are underestimating what(and how much) Bricklink sells and to whom. There are no Mom and Dads buying LEGO sets for their kids there. Their members are all educated LEGO buyers and sellers and there are still plenty of transactions between them.

haha no no Jeff, I am interested to see, Just looked on it from practical point of view... I am sorry if it bursted some bubble(s) but that was not an intention at all, just a speculation. You might surprise me completely and do something I did not even think or seen possible, but what I see and consider possible is a trading post for Forum users where we can put certain items from our portfolio on ''sale'' or up for offers from other members. Which I think is GREAT, but the questions above remain how popular can it become, since the work for every brick to be listed would be insane, and only NEW sets (or used ones) would take alot of potential for trading away (ok we can still add minifigures) Believe me I will be the first to applaud for any effort you 2 do to this site but I just think it would be hard to make trades between AFOLs/investors when they check every penny to be better. The most I can see it working is to bypass Ebay fees. Go go Jeff and Ed :)

The benefits I see so far:

1) Less fees, even if the makers decide they want a very slight commission.

2) A more trusted buyer base. You don't know what sort of schmuck you're selling to on ebay that is looking to scam you.

3) Smarter buyer base. See above.

4) You know if you purchase something, it is coming to you packaged correctly.

These are just a few off top of my head. They are probably not a certainty since there is low hanging fruit no matter where you go, but you get the point.

Did you read my intro? LOL

I think people in general should be more optimistic.........and besides when the feature comes and you find it has no benefit to you, then don't use it. Not everyone on here is here strictly to make money. I speak from personal experience when I say there are many people on this site willing to help people out without padding their pockets.

haha no no Jeff, I am interested to see, Just looked on it from practical point of view...

I am sorry if it bursted some bubble(s) but that was not an intention at all, just a speculation.

You might surprise me completely and do something I did not even think or seen possible, but what I see and consider possible is a trading post for Forum users where we can put certain items from our portfolio on ''sale'' or up for offers from other members.

Which I think is GREAT, but the questions above remain how popular can it become, since the work for every brick to be listed would be insane, and only NEW sets (or used ones) would take alot of potential for trading away (ok we can still add minifigures)

Believe me I will be the first to applaud for any effort you 2 do to this site but I just think it would be hard to make trades between AFOLs/investors when they check every penny to be better. The most I can see it working is to bypass Ebay fees.

Go go Jeff and Ed :)

All I can say is that you are hot and cold at the same time

Maybe you are underestimating what(and how much) Bricklink sells and to whom. There are no Mom and Dads buying LEGO sets for their kids there. Their members are all educated LEGO buyers and sellers and there are still plenty of transactions between them.

Guess I am yes.

I think people in general should be more optimistic

I think people in general should be more optimistic.........and besides when the feature comes and you find it has no benefit to you, then don't use it. Not everyone on here is here strictly to make money. I speak from personal experience when I say there are many people on this site willing to help people out without padding their pockets.

I agree to this for sure. I am also always up for a discussion about Lego across a variety of themes and it's nice to have an active community to do that with.

I already tried to dig more info out of Jeff (no luck), so I will try to dig some more. Ed, Don't you have some noncompete type thing with ebay, which makes creating a selling platform impossible? So are you working to have a joint venture type thing where ebay will have lower fees for our listings, if they are purchased through your site???

My comment was just a general one really........a lot of people (myself included) lean towards pessimism. I personally think the trade aspect of this feature will be of benefit to many people. I have set A and you have set B. You want set A I want B. Let's make a deal!

Yeh but for this (which I would enjoy) is enough if we can set parts(certain sets) of our Portfolio and check on them ''available for trade/selling'' and then everyone clicking on our name (or any other more convenient way) can see them and make a deal :D

But as I said, maybe I was just too harsh, I never meant to discourage or anything just wanted to have a debate of pros and cons :)

I already tried to dig more info out of Jeff (no luck), so I will try to dig some more.

Ed, Don't you have some noncompete type thing with ebay, which makes creating a selling platform impossible? So are you working to have a joint venture type thing where ebay will have lower fees for our listings, if they are purchased through your site???

All I'm gonna say is that if the new feature is used properly, people will save lots of money.

All I'm gonna say is that if the new feature is used properly, people will save lots of money. All I know is this new feature is going to be awesome. The words "save lots of money" makes me a pretty happy camper. (: LOL, ditto. Plus I would rather sell to a BrickPicker member/moderator/admin than some random shmuck on eBay who wants to scam me!