Looking for a piece.....

Hi everyone, I am Bricklinking the Taj Mahal and am wondering: Do any of you know where I can get 208 of the 368001 piece? The picture is attached. On Bricklink, the largest quantity I could find was 14 and that is by far not the amount I need. I am looking to find these at less than $0.05 per if possible. Thanks.

Hi everyone,

I am Bricklinking the Taj Mahal and am wondering: Do any of you know where I can get 208 of the 368001 piece? The picture is attached. On Bricklink, the largest quantity I could find was 14 and that is by far not the amount I need. I am looking to find these at less than $0.05 per if possible.

Thanks.

You get one of that piece in the 8083-1: Rebel Trooper Battle Pack. I tried searching for bulk of that piece, but I didn't find any place that had more than 10.

@gregpj - I knew that I could just get a bunch of the bases, but it seemed like alot of work to do this for 208 of them. If I have to, I will, but I don't really want to do it. LOL I am lazy! This is where I have been finding many of my pieces. Most of them you can get for less than $0.10 and there are A BUNCH of every piece. http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legostock

Hi everyone,

I am Bricklinking the Taj Mahal and am wondering: Do any of you know where I can get 208 of the 368001 piece? The picture is attached. On Bricklink, the largest quantity I could find was 14 and that is by far not the amount I need. I am looking to find these at less than $0.05 per if possible.

Thanks.

Without substituting - it won't be easy to do. This is why these expensive sets are so expensive. Lego tends to put in a few exclusive pieces and/or require a quantity of certain pieces that just makes it nearly impossible to justify trying to piece it together. You will need to be either very lucky or very patient.

@gregpj - I knew that I could just get a bunch of the bases, but it seemed like alot of work to do this for 208 of them. If I have to, I will, but I don't really want to do it. LOL I am lazy!

This is where I have been finding many of my pieces. Most of them you can get for less than $0.10 and there are A BUNCH of every piece.

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legostock

What color do you need for the TM? 208 is a lot of work... Just put a bad movie on and you'll be happy to have something else to do while you watch. I just did this Friday night... I was trying to reassemble some sets my kids took (half) apart and I was happy to be doing it instead of exclusively watching the bad movie.

How close are you? Have you bought any parts from overseas? We bought from Germany, Portugal, Spain, Hungary and Austria when we were building our city... Parts were so much cheaper that it was about the same as buying in NA.

I need a white base for the turntable piece. Here is a seller that I found that has a bunch of them: http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=tcoats&itemID=2361100

I was just hoping to preserve my fingernails, but I guess you have to lose some to gain some. :-)

Take a piece of smooth wood, drill a hole the same size as the top. Put the parts in upside down and pop the tops out from the backside using a technic axle! If you drill the hole deep, you can a bunch quickly!

Without substituting - it won't be easy to do. This is why these expensive sets are so expensive. Lego tends to put in a few exclusive pieces and/or require a quantity of certain pieces that just makes it nearly impossible to justify trying to piece it together. You will need to be either very lucky or very patient.

Actually, looking at the price history for that piece - there are a number of recent 200+ sales at decent prices. So if you look constantly, they do show up. My guess is that when they do show up - they will go right away.

Actually, looking at the price history for that piece - there are a number of recent 200+ sales at decent prices. So if you look constantly, they do show up. My guess is that when they do show up - they will go right away.

Yeah, there are plenty of ok priced for this piece, but the color is the problem. Apparently, there aren't a ton of sets that have that color, so they are a little rarer than one of the black or gray ones.

Does Lego.com not have them anymore? Even if they are a few cents more a piece, having a singular shipping charge would save a lot in the end.

I do not think they have it. And if they do, it isn't in the correct color which is white. I was trying to get most of them from PAB, but they don't have many oof the needed pieces. :(

So asking them for a quote would be what? Making sure they don't have that piece in particular? BTW I remember that yesterday I overheard (I wasn't stalking them) an employee talking to a customer and saying that you can buy a big box of random pieces for around $70. Not sure how many Legos, but I think its a great deal assuming that the pieces aren't all 2x2's or 2x4's.

So asking them for a quote would be what? Making sure they don't have that piece in particular?

BTW I remember that yesterday I overheard (I wasn't stalking them) an employee talking to a customer and saying that you can buy a big box of random pieces for around $70. Not sure how many Legos, but I think its a great deal assuming that the pieces aren't all 2x2's or 2x4's.

Go here: https://service.lego.com/en-US/replacementparts/#WhatBrickBuy/10189

They show the piece you want, I think. You can get up to 200 and they should send you a price quote in a couple days if they have it in stock.

They show the piece you want, I think. You can get up to 200 and they should send you a price quote in a couple days if they have it in stock.

Great Fcbarcelona! Thanks for the help!

No problem. I am very interested in how this project turns out so please keep us updated! I probably will be trying this myself with this same set.

Great Fcbarcelona! Thanks for the help!

No problem. I am very interested in how this project turns out so please keep us updated! I probably will be trying this myself with this same set.

Will do!