When did you start collecting to invest and what made you start?

For myself it was back in 2007 when I was at a Target looking at the sets that were currently out. I saw a SW Y-Wing and B-Wing on the shelf and I decided to pick them up since I had an X-Wing. After I got them home and built I decided to complete the Battle of Endor Hangar scene before Han and the other's left in the shuttle Tyderium. So I went on Ebay to see what the cost would be to fill out the rest of the scene. I noticed then that the A-Wing was selling for around 20.00 a piece used and out of box. When I went and looked up the falcon I was floored at how much a used copy of the ship cost (though I did get it for 100 later on that year) and how much a new in box Falcon cost. That's when I started doing my own research on if all Lego sold this well and other themes and Lego in general. That brings me to today. I suppose I have been collecting for a while since then. Making a lot of mistakes early on in investing but thankfully nothing over the top and streamlining my own system since.

Hard to consider myself as an investor. I am more AFOL. I buy a few sets (only since 2012) and flip them after EOL hopefully on 2x retail - fees. Which gets me about 1,75-1,80x retail for my investment (only happened twice so far) Now I have like 10 sets (+1 coming in) with about 310

Me? It was back 2004 was when i got my first set, the 4478 Geonosian Fighter that was when I was 7 and of course I lost everything and wasn't REALLY into LEGOS but then in 2006 my brother got me the 6205 V-wing Fighter and thats when I got more into LEGOS and my mom took me to target not to long after that and I got the 7655 Clone Troopers Battle Pack and that was a home run for me I loved that set so much that I went crazy over LEGOS and here I am now, 15 years old and still into them "and loving it"!

Me? It was back 2004 was when i got my first set, the 4478 Geonosian Fighter that was when I was 7 and of course I lost everything and wasn't REALLY into LEGOS but then in 2006 my brother got me the 6205 V-wing Fighter and thats when I got more into LEGOS and my mom took me to target not to long after that and I got the 7655 Clone Troopers Battle Pack and that was a home run for me I loved that set so much that I went crazy over LEGOS and here I am now, 15 years old and still into them "and loving it"!

Nice, I just built 4478 and 6205 in the weekend as part of a big clean out of old SW sets from my collection :)

I started investing about 18mths ago when I saw what had happened to the price of 10178 which I had passed on at retail as it was too expensive!

A friend and I used to collect the Binaltech Transformers. He also has a UCS X-Wing, and when I priced it I started doing research on other Lego sets. I found I quite enjoyed the building side of it, so it started simply to fund my hobby. Now it does that, and I have a stash of Lego on the site waiting for EOLs and price rises.

Lego Clone Turbo Tank 8098 got me into investing (been watching this set for 2 months, when BAM! it goes EOL and prices go up). Been building since Knights Kingdom.

The set that got me into investing was the 8088 ARC-170 Starfighter. About a year after I got it, I realized the prices of it went up after they stopped selling it in stores. It was an AH-HAH moment for me as an investor. Comicblast, I've been building since Knights Kingdom as well.

The set that got me into investing was the 8088 ARC-170 Starfighter. About a year after I got it, I realized the prices of it went up after they stopped selling it in stores. It was an AH-HAH moment for me as an investor. Comicblast, I've been building since Knights Kingdom as well. I have been building since Jack Stone, but I think that Knights Kingdom really got me hooked.