75315 - Imperial Light Cruiser

cardensb

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/imperial-light-cruiser-75315

Moff Gideon's ship went on sale on August 1st.  At $159.99, its a gamble.  It is a nice size ship with some play features but for me, its the mini-figures of Fennec, the Moff and a Dark Trooper. that drove the decision.  Another Cara Dune and Mando with baby Yoda are great adds to recreate the final episode's battle but Disney authorizing the Cara Dune after the social media drama was a surprise. I assumed we would just get another Stormtrooper or Dark Trooper instead of her.

I fully expect yet another Red 5 X-Wing but with Jedi Knight Luke to complete the theme.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 75315 - Imperial Light Cruiser
  • 3 weeks later...

I finished building this ship.  Play-wise, the interior is unfinished and sparse.  Not much area for a confrontation.  The ship lacks the bays that the DTs flew back inside on the final episode.  The opening at the front has a little device to launch a micro TIE fighter but it did not really work and the bay is not really large enough for a shuttle from an advent set.  There are two shallow bays on the sides (1 each) to store the TIE that might be wear Red 5 landed. The ship itself looks pretty cool, I'm waiting for the laser cutting plastic stand businesses on eBay to make a platform so I can display it near the Tantive IV.

• 3 months later...

From a personal interest in this set I just can't see adding it to my collection anywhere near msrp.  It seems way overpriced (yes I get the Disney Star Wars tax) for what you get in piece count, details and minifigures.  However, from an investment potential how are others approaching this?  Estimated retirement is EOY 2022 so there is time.  I can get it for $110 (after discount and cashback), but even at that price I feel like I'd be paying too much.  

• Like 1

It's a long way off on my "to buy" list, but when it gets closer to retiring, I'll be happy to snag these at $110 a pop. There's just other stuff on its way out right now I would rather put that capital towards.

IMO, there's a zero percent chance this isn't a $300 set when it retires.

1 hour ago, BRIX23 said:

From a personal interest in this set I just can't see adding it to my collection anywhere near msrp.  It seems way overpriced (yes I get the Disney Star Wars tax) for what you get in piece count, details and minifigures.  However, from an investment potential how are others approaching this?  Estimated retirement is EOY 2022 so there is time.  I can get it for $110 (after discount and cashback), but even at that price I feel like I'd be paying too much.  

• Thanks 1

On 12/14/2021 at 10:03 AM, cardensb said:

I bought it when I was getting a few other sets and got some sort of discount; I provided my thoughts on it above - not a must have, don't see it as something to invest in.

if mando is in its 7th season then many will be kicking themselves for not getting this set

They just signed Harrison Ford to return to Star Wars...this Mando thing is gonna get really really big...an equivalent comp is the 2nd Iron man...who knew back then that MCU was gonna become what it has become...a decade from now the Star WArs Uni set off by The Mandalorian may be something we don't even recognize...and these early sets may appreciate in likewise fashion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1