What sets have you paid secondary market prices for?

We were a little late to the investing game... I picked up 3 green grocers and 2 cafe corners at SM prices. The green grocers are already worth more than I paid and I view the Cafe Corner as one of those sets that won't lose me money in the long run even if it doesn't make me any... it's like having money between my mattresses. :) Aside from that, I've managed to buy at or below retail for everything else.

Yes, 2/16 and 2/20. They were both auctions that ended at somewhat odd times.

Wait...I'm an idiot. I looked and what I bought on 2/16 and 2/20 were 10216 Winter Village Bakeries.

My plan is to marry those up with the 10222's and 10229's I have and sell as a lot around early November. The 10222's and 10229's I have were bought at awesome discounts in LEGO stores.

Yes, 2/16 and 2/20. They were both auctions that ended at somewhat odd times.

Wait...I'm an idiot. I looked and what I bought on 2/16 and 2/20 were 10216 Winter Village Bakeries.

My plan is to marry those up with the 10222's and 10229's I have and sell as a lot around early November. The 10222's and 10229's I have were bought at awesome discounts in LEGO stores.

I was about to say, $103 for a Toy Shop recently?? But yeah $103 is about the going rate for the Bakery's.

Not to get too off topic here, but I think that the Green Grocer still has plenty of room for profit. While a sealed one will run you around $700 on ebay right now, maybe less or a little more, in my opinion there's no reason why this set won't hit $1,000+ one day. If people are willing to spend $1,000+ on the CC and MS then there's no reason why they won't spend that much of a GG later down the road. So buy one or ten now if you have deep pockets, it will take some patience, but could make you some $$$.

I was about to say, $103 for a Toy Shop recently?? But yeah $103 is about the going rate for the Bakery's.

I think I was thinking about "wanting" a Toy Shop for that price, and because I stuck them up on a shelf to not be looked at for a few months, "wanting" somehow turned into "having".

Not to get too off topic here, but I think that the Green Grocer still has plenty of room for profit. While a sealed one will run you around $700 on ebay right now, maybe less or a little more, in my opinion there's no reason why this set won't hit $1,000+ one day. If people are willing to spend $1,000+ on the CC and MS then there's no reason why they won't spend that much of a GG later down the road. So buy one or ten now if you have deep pockets, it will take some patience, but could make you some $$$.

I like the "Green Grocer". It's a very pleasing build to gaze upon and I prefer it over the "Fire Brigade" or even possibly the "Cafe Corner". Don't know about the values game, but I would like to see it appreciate more so than the prior modular.

I had to bite the bullet on a Toy Shop last year as well as I just got into the series and made sure I would have them all.

Haha seems like a lot of us bit the bullet on the Toy Shop. Now the million dollar question is, is the Bakery going to make a return this winter, or is it EOL?? It's tempting for those with Bakery's to sell now as they're double RRP already. If they return values will drop and take longer to climb again, if they don't return then sky's the limit ;)

I bought 3, (10199) Winter Toy Shop's for $126 a pop including shipping back in October. Hoping to see them hit close to $200 this Christmas!

I actually just picked up a Winter Toy Shop 10199 today from the post office. I paid 83 euros - or about $109 - for it from a person in Austria. I wish it was for investment but it was the last in the series that we needed and the family is building all 4 for the holidays this year.

I bought Green Grocer for $350 - yay. I also bought a used Imperial Star Destroyer for a very good price but still way more than the $299 I should have paid years ago when I wanted it.

What winter sets should be available next season at RRP? I'm thinking about buying some but don't know what's really retired.

So far only the Toy Shop has been retired. The Winter Village Bakery might be retired if it went the 3 years and EOL like the Toy Shop did. The Toy Shop was available holiday season 2009' 10', and 11'. Then was not available this past year (2012). The Bakery has been available 10', 11', and 12'. Whether or not they will release it again this holiday season remains to be seen. If the Bakery is following the same timeline as the Toy Shop then it is EOL already, but who knows if this is the case. Lego switches things up sometimes with EOL dates, for example the first 3 modulars ran 2 year terms then went EOL, but the 4th modular (Fire Brigade) has been available for roughly double that time (4 years). Predicting EOL can be very tricky sometimes. Winter themed sets that should definitely be available for the 2013 holiday season are the Winter Post Office from 2011 and the Winter Village Cottage from 2012, although I read a rumor on another site that the Post Office was being discontinued, but I don't believe that rumor for one second. Then again you never know with these sets, this theme is very, very hard to predict. Also we will hopefully get a new winter set for 2014, rumored to be a Winter Village Market, again I don't know if that's true either. Hope all this info helps you! ;)