75312 - Slave 1 - Boba Fett's Starship

joneyyy1981

2 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

Pretty certain any naming convention Disney discusses begins with "We can trademark this, right?" All the rest is virtue signaling.

Funny how Disney is moving away from any talk about slaves or slavery in Star Wars, considering that one of the main reasons Anakin became Vader was because he was a slave along with his mother and the Jedi didn't really appear to have much of a problem with that. Lucas dropped that as a main plot point and just referenced it as backstory, one of the greatest mistakes in terms of storytelling the prequels committed and I'd put this on par with Jar Jar.  https://screenrant.com/star-wars-phantom-menace-slavery-qui-gon-anakin/

y'know..I've seen pretty much everything Star Wars and read quite a bit too.

Honestly I still cannot believe Anakin would kill young Jedi children.  They just didn't connect enough dots for that level of transformation

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Honestly I still cannot believe Anakin would kill young Jedi children.  They just didn't connect enough dots for that level of transformation

Pretty much the only thing I dislike about EP3. That scene is so out of place, 2 simple talks with a sith grandpa & the hero starts beheading innocent younglings. That was not it, George, that was not it. 

The entire transformation of Anakin to Vader in EP3 required one to travel to the outer edges of the willing suspension of disbelief necessary to enjoy fiction. At the end of EP2, I remember walking out of the theater thinking that Lucas has a ton of ground to cover in EP3 to explain how Anakin becomes Vader. And then I remember thinking the same thing about half way through EP3. The most disappointing thing about the prequels was the fact that Lucas did such a crappy job of explaining Anakin's fall. I still hold out hope that the Star Wars IP will one day fall into the hands of someone who will see merit in throwing the prequels in the trash and telling the story how it should have been told.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 hours ago, redcell said:

The entire transformation of Anakin to Vader in EP3 required one to travel to the outer edges of the willing suspension of disbelief necessary to enjoy fiction. At the end of EP2, I remember walking out of the theater thinking that Lucas has a ton of ground to cover in EP3 to explain how Anakin becomes Vader. And then I remember thinking the same thing about half way through EP3. The most disappointing thing about the prequels was the fact that Lucas did such a crappy job of explaining Anakin's fall. I still hold out hope that the Star Wars IP will one day fall into the hands of someone who will see merit in throwing the prequels in the trash and telling the story how it should have been told.

I went into watching Clone Wars thinking OK...w/ like 7 seasons they can do this right and we will see a well thought out and orchestrated evolution; but no...finishing Clone Wars; it was EVEN LESS likely for Anakin to turn the way he did...there is quite a whole galaxy of a difference between killing a village of violent hooded alien marauders and their families who tortured his mother...and murdering in cold blood the innocent children he helped tutor for years...they were not nameless...they knew who he was...they trusted him.

I actually think the Rebels series scene between Darth Vader and Ahsoka was one of the best scenes in all of Star Wars (including all the movies); I got chills...anyone who knows star wars and watched clone wars knew the depth of emotions at stake...and although it was an animation...it was "I am your father" Epic.

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

I actually think the Rebels series scene between Darth Vader and Ahsoka was one of the best scenes in all of Star Wars (including all the movies); I got chills...anyone who knows star wars and watched clone wars knew the depth of emotions at stake...and although it was an animation...it was "I am your father" Epic.

I agree this part of the Rebels series was perhaps my absolute favorite hour of Star Wars anything. The mystery of the Sith temple, the treachery of Maul, and the finale between Ahsoka and Vader. Never watched it again after the first time and now I absolutely must right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree this part of the Rebels series was perhaps my absolute favorite hour of Star Wars anything. The mystery of the Sith temple, the treachery of Maul, and the finale between Ahsoka and Vader. Never watched it again after the first time and now I absolutely must right now.

Which episode was that?

23 hours ago, junkrigger said:

I am hoping against hope that in the Mandalorian (or possibly the upcoming Ahsoka series if the time period makes sense) Ahsoka and Luke can meet and share their experiences with Anakin.  They both have so much emotional baggage that the other can help each gain closure.  Luke should know what his father was like (without the bitterness that poisoned Kenobi's recall of Anakin) and Ahsoka should hear from his son, how her old friend was finally redeemed. 

I wish they would go ahead and break free of the timeline surrounding the OT, prequels and later movies. There's so much rich material in the 1000 BBY to 5000 BBY timeframe that they bump up against from time to time (Bane, Sith Emperor, Revan, etc.), but never dive fully into.

• Like 1

Back to the topic of the ship's name - Firespray was the model of the ship and the Slave I was the only remaining version of that model after it was believed that Jango Fett destroyed the sister ships.  His ship is heavily modified as it was only built to be a patrol craft and perhaps a prison transport.

Those few episodes of Rebels and CWs with "Just Maul" were great.  Disney + had for a while a listing for the best of Ahsoka episodes making it easy to find them.

For Lego, breaking away from the established movies and TV series, I imagine would be a fiscal risk.  Look at how poorly the sets have done in the past when they went to the ships like The Arrowhead. I don't think most of the Solo movie sets did that well either.

• 1 month later...

I finally see a built set. This is small! For the price point, I guess that’s expected. The price for the 40th anniversary set this holiday season will be interesting. Sky the limit. Down to last few, it’ll be battle of whether to get the profits or being greedy and keep holding.