10282 - Adidas Originals Superstar

33 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

They need to give this treatment to some of the classic MJ sneakers o yeah

yeah...that Nike license will be a nut buster for TLG...I could see why they are testing waters w/ Adidas...surprised they sprung for Adidas (likely Adidas was looking to expand their branding)...guessing Reebok would would have been cheaper or Puma.

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

yeah...that Nike license will be a nut buster for TLG...I could see why they are testing waters w/ Adidas...surprised they sprung for Adidas (likely Adidas was looking to expand their branding)...guessing Reebok would would have been cheaper or Puma.

Fila would've been free. 

• Haha 2

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 10282 - Adidas Originals Superstar
24 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Kids are the worst! 

they can magnify the BEST and WORSE of us

Yup, clowned for my "cheap shoes" every day by these two kids just before 5th period (which always ruined my lunch dreading it)

Coming from an immigrant household where parents worked 13 hours/day 7 days a week...my shoe choices were limited to Payless Shoe Source (pre-dates Ross/Marshalls/TJ Maxx options we have today)...looking back I am glad I was raised well enough NOT to ask my parents for more expensive shoes...and to the parents of Tony Grassis and Richard Harden...F you for the crappy values you taught your kids)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

That GWP sold me. I was kind of on the fence, Im not a huge shoe guy, but I did buy the Lego Adidas, so these would look good on display next to them.

Shoe Beat Box Guy is pretty fly.

Yes me too. This could be worse than Ulysses though.

Edited by melting
  • Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 5:08 PM, $20 on joe vs dan said:

they can magnify the BEST and WORSE of us

Yup, clowned for my "cheap shoes" every day by these two kids just before 5th period (which always ruined my lunch dreading it)

Coming from an immigrant household where parents worked 13 hours/day 7 days a week...my shoe choices were limited to Payless Shoe Source (pre-dates Ross/Marshalls/TJ Maxx options we have today)...looking back I am glad I was raised well enough NOT to ask my parents for more expensive shoes...and to the parents of Tony Grassis and Richard Harden...F you for the crappy values you taught your kids)

I grew up being made fun of for wearing Buster Brown shoes.  My dad did not believe in tennis shoes.  It took me years to convince him that I needed them for gym class and playing sports.  Only sport my dad played was HS football - starting lineman.

Jr High Varsity BB - top three rich kids found these Nike high-tops and suggested everyone get them.  $130 in 1984 is A LOT of money for shoes that would last maybe 1 year, because we were all still growing.

Went to Payless Shoe Source looking for shoes.  Found a pair of Nikes that were half the price (and the avg price for a high-top shoe) but nearly identical to the $130 pair.  The rest of the team bought the shoe my parents got me.  The rich kids were made fun of for paying twice as much for a nearly identical shoe.  lol  Good times...

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

From the article: “If successfully built”

They should put that on the Typewriter box. I am thinking the limit should be at least 2 since some people will want a pair. Is there early VIP access for this set, need to flip the GWP. 

Heard the gwp might be for any Lego product and for a weekend supply

• Like 2