10279 - Volkswagen T2 Camper Van

Alpinemaps

6 hours ago, CosmicSpeed said:

The color matching on the fuel door sticker is really bad in that image. I cant unsee it now.

Maybe it is meant to be a different color???

Pretty sure that LEGO has a sticker art department - but I guess the new guy responsible for checking that the sticker colors match is the same guy who used to proof read the boxes for typos/errors.

Edited by KShine

Maybe it is meant to be a different color???
Pretty sure that LEGO has a sticker art department - but I guess the new guy responsible for checking that the sticker colors match is the same guy who used to proof read the boxes for typos/errors.
Maybe it would look better if it was printed on clear, but I imagine it's on the same sheet as the pattern for the folding chairs.

It could be something as simple as the they used CMYK colors digitally but it printed RGB,

It could also be the lighting in the photo.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Lego.com reviews. ouch.

image.png.c5444811b5843b45a9e9b94170d1f435.png

1) Looks great; the outside proportions and shape are captured well, but over complicated and lacking inside. The steering takes up a lot of room for no benefit, the cab detail is compromised and the whole feature is unnecessary. The pop-top is similarly over complicated and the "canvas" very fragile and easy to damage. The rock and roller bed is too short, and the cab doors are crude with poor hinge design. There really should be a proper roof rack for the surfboard. The sliding door is excellent and both rear doors work well, but the interior is inferior to the old red/white split screen model, and indeed comparing the two this one is a backwards step. Development feels rushed. I'm not generally a fan of the Creator Expert cars, and based on this I won't be changing my mind any time soon.

2) Overall design of bus is good. I enjoyed most of the build. The pop up roof design is awful and needs improvement. Not happy at all with the technic build portion of it. Needs to be redesigned. Very upset this was purchased and I’m this annoyed by it. Not fun once you get to the last bag.

Thats not good, and leads me to believe that all of these "Adult 18+" sets are not considering playability as much as when they were Creator proper. But then you look at the Porsche 911 and that is very well built and has a nice 2-in-1 option. I havent bought this, but I can imagine there is no-way to make it a traditional T2 without camper option with the included pieces. It would also have been nice to have a "pickup" conversion option. 

I have all the Creator Expert car models (except for the 10187 VW Beetle which I think doesn't fit in the line), plus also the Ideas Caterham Seven, Batman 1989 Batmobile and Ghostbusters ECTO-1 cars. 

But this T2 Van will be the first Creator Expert car I am not going to add to my collection.

• 3 months later...

Just saw this review on Tips n Bricks:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXG2tGioS1I/?utm_medium=copy_link

Seems like some of these possibly have a production issue with bad plastic formulation. Definitely appears to be more than poor design.

It will be interesting to find out if this is the case and if so if it can be traced to certain seal numbers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyskr28 said:

Just saw this review on Tips n Bricks:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXG2tGioS1I/?utm_medium=copy_link

Seems like some of these possibly have a production issue with bad plastic formulation. Definitely appears to be more than poor design.

It will be interesting to find out if this is the case and if so if it can be traced to certain seal numbers.

Yikes, that is bogus bricks level of bad. I wonder is the parts were limited to just the T2 sets, ive never encountered Lego bricks that look like that when bent or that dont have the normal Lego "clutch"

• Like 1

I have also seen 3 reviews on the new Home Alone set talking about issues with the dark brown bricks used to build the outer house walls having color issues and that they are almost translucent. Not sure if lego has started using their eco friendly bricks yet. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

I have also seen 3 reviews on the new Home Alone set talking about issues with the dark brown bricks used to build the outer house walls having color issues and that they are almost translucent. Not sure if lego has started using their eco friendly bricks yet. 

I would be very surprised if TLG put this into production at this point. They are such sticklers for testing and making sure their products are as good as possible. But who knows.

It's all speculation at this point but it seems like LEGO is having issues keeping up with demand (no surprise there). From fulfillment issues (lots of reports of people receiving multiple at-ats and home alone sets) to production. I have come across more minor errors in sets over the past 6 months than I've seen before. Off the top of my head the last 2 decent size sets we built both had issues. Medeival castle came with 30 DBG 1x4 bricks and no red brown 1x4s. We just put together the elf clubhouse and it didn't have any 1x1 black plates, only reddish brown. Nothing build breaking like the above issues but definitely sloppy.

My guess is it is simply due to trying to cut corners to make up for supply chain delays - just get it done so the stock is there - but still very unlike TLG

I will be very interested to see if LEGO responds to Tips n Bricks, they have a pretty large reader base and have put in a request for comment through the Lego Ambassador Network. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...