10279 - Volkswagen T2 Camper Van

Alpinemaps

39 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

If this is true I sure hope it’s not just a color change. Hopefully it’s also a model variation. 

It's 50% more expensive. It will be bigger and more detailed. Unfortunately this will hurt the T1. I know many will chime in here to say since its different ppl will still want the T1 red version. Yes thats true but it will still hurt sales. For many many (not all) ppl having one or the other will do just fine. And most likely theyll opt for value with the new larger set.

3 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Rumored for an August 1 release, a VW T2 Camper Van

2 hours ago, Gonkalin said:

If this is true I sure hope it’s not just a color change. 

1 hour ago, Hansolo55 said:

This will be the first T2 Camper van ever offered, so it will be a variation from the original T1 camper.. 

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

It's 50% more expensive. It will be bigger and more detailed. Unfortunately this will hurt the T1. I know many will chime in here to say since its different ppl will still want the T1 red version. Yes thats true but it will still hurt sales. For many many (not all) ppl having one or the other will do just fine. And most likely theyll opt for value with the new larger set.

🥲

• Haha 4
  • Confused 2

You think this will hurt sales more than the T1 being available for purchase for 10 years?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

You think this will hurt sales more than the T1 being available for purchase for 10 years?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I'm commenting on the news that broke. T1 being around for 10 years isnt exactly news and in any case post retirement it had been doing pretty well, at close to $200 on amazon, at a great sales rate. Before this news id estimate we were heading to 225ish q4 which is a great one year return. Now both price and sales volume are in jeopardy

• 4 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

wow this thing is hiddious.....

I agree, not the greatest looking model.  For some reason the front and side windows seem to be off.   Overall just kinda bland, but then again so is the source material.  Think they could have done a bit better with the angles and stickers.

Curious what the backside looks like.🍑:laugh:

The windshield is taller than the side wheels so they got that right, even though it looks odd. I think the issue is the A-pillar. They should have had a sticker the same as the body color on the windshield in the correct location and used them to create a triangle vent window that looks like it's part of the door, even if it wouldn't open with the door. I like it except for the front window treatment and it's too blocky at the front of the roof.

image.thumb.jpeg.795204d0d15e32532f4e6b443259df4d.jpeg

Edited by Brystheguy
  • Like 2

On 6/14/2021 at 1:15 PM, Groovejet said:

Is the assumption that T2 will be larger just based on RRP being 50% higher? Perhaps indicative that T1 with a fixed RRP for 10 years was under priced? 3% inflation p.a. would imply T1 RRP should be 35% higher if released now. Just a thought.

New MILF 75192 was same size but $300 more.