76178 - Daily Bugle

Pseudoty

8 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I doubt the Punisher is cancelled because someone wore his logo in the Capitol riot or someone unofficially used the logo for Blue Lives Matter. 

Maybe it's more simple than that, maybe it's because he straight up kills people and is generally considered the "hero".  Of course bad guys kill people, that's what they do, but killing for good isn't an acceptable form of justice I suppose. 

Another difference may be that none of the Punisher media, show or movies, is rated PG-13.  I'm guessing Blade gets a pass because he kills vampires, which are imaginary, and the upcoming movie will most likely get a PG-13 rating.  I'm sure there are exceptions out, but this is my assumption.

It absolutely has to do with current events.  LEGO 6866 puts a black hole in your entire summation.

21 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

It absolutely has to do with current events.  LEGO 6866 puts a black hole in your entire summation.

I assume you're referring to Deadpool.  That set came before the movies and at the time he was in the Spiderman cartoon portrayed in a much less offensive manner.  I don't believe the set was based off that cartoon series, but I'm going with the media available at the time.  I did allow for exceptions.

I just think the examples given for links to current events are flimsy, the Punisher logo has been put on guns for a quite a while so it's been co-opted for other uses than just Blue Lives Matter.   Maybe it's the Trumpisher that put them over the edge.

th?id=OIP.mDP7hAcTgAZRw1dzLkB-LAHaHa%26p

9 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I doubt the Punisher is cancelled because someone wore his logo in the Capitol riot or someone unofficially used the logo for Blue Lives Matter. 

Maybe it's more simple than that, maybe it's because he straight up kills people and is generally considered the "hero".  Of course bad guys kill people, that's what they do, but killing for good isn't an acceptable form of justice I suppose. 

Another difference may be that none of the Punisher media, show or movies, is rated PG-13.  I'm guessing Blade gets a pass because he kills vampires, which are imaginary, and the upcoming movie will most likely get a PG-13 rating.  I'm sure there are exceptions out, but this is my assumption.

With blade is in the set, I don't know about the comics but love his films (except the 3rd) and he's definatly not kid friendly. Like Punisher he uses multiple guns and blades in violent ways, even torture when he questions someone, and acts in a vigilante manner. Also seems willing to kill humans who are 'familiars' or friendly with vampires quite happily. Yet he's in the set no issue from lego it seems. 

Punisher fig is still on UK lego site set images though. 

15 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I assume you're referring to Deadpool.  That set came before the movies and at the time he was in the Spiderman cartoon portrayed in a much less offensive manner.  I don't believe the set was based off that cartoon series, but I'm going with the media available at the time.  I did allow for exceptions.

I just think the examples given for links to current events are flimsy, the Punisher logo has been put on guns for a quite a while so it's been co-opted for other uses than just Blue Lives Matter.   Maybe it's the Trumpisher that put them over the edge.

th?id=OIP.mDP7hAcTgAZRw1dzLkB-LAHaHa%26p

I've been a comic book collector for nearly 40 years.  I didn't even know about the cartoon.  Deadpool in the movie is not a caricature of him in the MU;  that is Deadpool.  And he's been in the Marvel Universe for 30 years.  Yes, as I said, it is current events that is the issue with the minifigure at this time.  It has nothing to do with the manner of how or who a 'hero' kills.  An Amazon search for Punisher + Trump is all the evidence one needs in figuring out why Disney/LEGO would wanna minimize the Punisher's inclusion in this set.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

I've been a comic book collector for nearly 40 years.  I didn't even know about the cartoon.  Deadpool in the movie is not a caricature of him in the MU;  that is Deadpool.  And he's been in the Marvel Universe for 30 years.  Yes, as I said, it is current events that is the issue with the minifigure at this time.  It has nothing to do with the manner of how or who a 'hero' kills.  An Amazon search for Punisher + Trump is all the evidence one needs in figuring out why Disney/LEGO would wanna minimize the Punisher's inclusion in this set.

I originally said that my statement was an assumption so it could be wrong. I was merely trying to connect some dots rather than assume America is full of a bunch of butthurt pansies that LEGO was afraid of offending.

The examples given seemed like week reasons. Maybe if someone had mentioned Trump and the punisher, maybe I would have bought it. If people see the punisher logo and think Trump and therefore get offended they need to get a grip on reality. 

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Wow they even remade the designer video and removed the Punisher from it (the video, NOT the set). 

I sold all the MINIFIGURES for $218

the stickers for $25

the newspaper printed tiles for $25

and the taxi for $25

Left with the 3K+ piece set to build and add to my city. 

Nicely done.

Did you sell the minifigs as a set or individually?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Nicely done.

Did you sell the minifigs as a set or individually?

As a set all 25 and their accessories.  It was a pain, gone are the days when all the minifigs were in Bag 1. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Just got this set recently and really looking forward to building it (hopefully soon). I think all of the new minifigures look great. I just had to modify and add a couple more: Lizard and Morbius (I like minifig scale Spider-Man villains, except I think King Pin should be a big fig).

PXL_20211221_174016346.jpg

PXL_20211221_174034112.jpg

• Like 2