21056 - Taj Mahal (2021)

Pseudoty

58 minutes ago, cladner said:

almost soiled myself there - taj lite.  phewsh!  i got a stack of 10256 for my emazer years.

Well they did get around to making both. I still have a minty first issue of Blocks magazine with the Tumbler on the cover I wonder if that is worth anything. 

so weird that all the themes have great new updated in 2021, great 3 in 1 sets, beautiful minecraft sets, tons of ideas sets in the pipeline, and yet the one measly architecture set we are getting...........is a repeat? Cmon lego we havent run out of places have we

40 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

so weird that all the themes have great new updated in 2021, great 3 in 1 sets, beautiful minecraft sets, tons of ideas sets in the pipeline, and yet the one measly architecture set we are getting...........is a repeat? Cmon lego we havent run out of places have we

repeat of a repeat.

The 1x1 tile floor makes this a no go for me.  It will be too tedious to have proper alignment. 
You read like someone who has never built a larger architecture set before; they're generally tedious. (Farnsworth and Robie houses in particular)

Yay LEGO!

1 hour ago, redghostx said:

You read like someone who has never built a larger architecture set before; they're generally tedious. (Farnsworth and Robie houses in particular)

Yay LEGO!

As I have gotten older I have found the closer the set is to Duplo the more enjoyable the build is for me.  The overall trend to smaller pieces is not for me, although it can make a neat looking set like Pooh. The new R2 has over 200 more elements than the old version but weighs less when built.  I think the peak for brick built sets was hit with GBHQ.

• Like 1

As I have gotten older I have found the closer the set is to Duplo the more enjoyable the build is for me.  The overall trend to smaller pieces is not for me, although it can make a neat looking set like Pooh. The new R2 has over 200 more elements than the old version but weighs less when built.  I think the peak for brick built sets was hit with GBHQ.
I agree, I went through sold old early 90s sets and the builds are fun (the instructions aren't). A lot of more modern sets are more like work and less like toys. I don't care for a billion little details (modulars), just make me a big building. I also agree the GBHQ is a great example of a good brick build and still some detail.

Yay LEGO!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, redghostx said:

A lot of more modern sets are more like work and less like toys. 

It’s called LEGO burnout. I find the 6-10 age range sets to be tedious builds. I won’t even bother with them anymore except parts packs. My kids aren’t interested in them either. The new 18+ sets though offer enough advanced building techniques to keep me interested. 

8 hours ago, HandyHand said:

LEGO-Architecture-21056-Taj-Mahal-1.thumb.jpg.0c25c014bf91e662cc11e3555921d6e3.jpg

The older large scale model continues to be quite the impressive build but this for the scale and presentation is absolutely exquisite. Applying all those 1x1 tiles will be tedious for certain; however that sort of tedium is a given with the classic Architecture line. Getting the gold bullion brick piece in white will be nice. Damn this is beautiful.