May the 4th Be With You 2021

exciter1

18 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

60% off 75119. The deal so good it lasted for over a year. 

If you missed the deal, you can still get it at 42% off retail on Amazon today... over 3 years after retirement!

Arguably from the best of those movies too. What is it with poor Jyn? 

4 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Arguably from the best of those movies too. What is it with poor Jyn? 

I thought the movie was pretty good but the characters are completely irrelevant in the Star Wars universe. They exist only for this movie. Sorry, spoiler alert. 

27 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

I thought the movie was pretty good but the characters are completely irrelevant in the Star Wars universe. They exist only for this movie. Sorry, spoiler alert. 

I wouldn't say completely, but nothing too exciting about this Jyn big fig.  Plenty of characters in the movie that make appearances throughout the franchise.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Yea I guess

Darth Vader In Rogue One: The Secrets Behind That Badass Corridor Scene |  Bold Entrance

Obviously but he’s not a main character in Rogue One.  In fact this scene is superfluous to the plot and was clearly added in to appeal to the audience. The main characters are pretty forgettable. 

Just now, Mathew said:

Obviously but he’s not a main character in Rogue One.  In fact this scene is superfluous to the plot and was clearly added in to appeal to the audience. The main characters are pretty forgettable. 

This is one of those times where appeasement was pretty well done . I am no fan of Disney, but that is one of the few things they got right imho 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Mathew said:

My favorite forgettable characters.

Star Wars: There Were Imperial Female Stormtroopers in Rogue One

2 hours ago, jbacunn said:

Personally, I really loved this about the movie, it was nice to get some new characters, and I think there is a surprising amount of depth to them and to the movie itself. I think this is reflected in the fact that Cassian Andor is getting his own show, and the reappearance of the Shore troopers and the key part the death troopers in subsequent media has been really well recieved.

1 hour ago, Mathew said:

It was definitely fan service, but seeing as the whole movie was about the story leading up to this point I wouldn't quite say that the scene was superfluous. 

IMO the figure did so poorly because the character itself doesn't translate well to the large figure format -the 'realistic' faces come across as creepy to me, the stormtroopers and helmeted figures work much better. Also the play features on the Jyn figure are abysmal.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tyskr28 said:

It was definitely fan service, but seeing as the whole movie was about the story leading up to this point I wouldn't quite say that the scene was superfluous. 

Right. I had forgotten what the movie was even about.  I guess it begs the question as to the point of the one off prequels to begin with. I think Rogue One was successful because fans were thirsty for more after The Force Awakens. 

Edited by Mathew

If you look at all the Disney SW movies, Rogue One is the only one that didn't break the SW universe or insult us like the other movies did. 

It did fan service but it was cleverly woven into the story line.  The DV scene can be written off, but it shows us a glimpse of a younger DV who was truly scary.  (Of course, we got the good side version in Mandalorian, Season 2 finale with Luke).  In a New Hope all we see Vader do is pick a guy up by his neck and throw him against a wall, force choke a commanding officer to prove a point, and fly the meanest Tie fighter (although we only see it flying in a straight line) in the entire movie.  Not much really.  Rogue One showed us more of Vader's capabilities.

Rogue One lines like K-2SO to Cassian, "Do you want to know the odds she'll use [her blaster] against you?  It's high.  It's very high," is very funny and is a reference to C-3PO and Han Solo in ESB.  K-2SO "I've got a bad felling..."  Jyn and Cassian, "Shhh" is also great.  K-2SO truly makes the film fun and keeps it moving along.  No K-2SO and this movie is very different.  Back-pack guy and blind guy are great characters as well.  While getting a bag put over blind guy's head, "Are you kidding, I am blind!" 

Rogue One provides plausible explanations for how the DS was so easily blown up in A New Hope and a plausible explanation for how they received the blue prints to begin with.  Introductions of new ship designs (Tie Striker, Krennick's Shuttle, and U-Wing) that are very obviously part of the SW universe.  And let's not forget Vader's Castle that fans knew about from concept art and Expanded Universe comics.  So to see it in movie form was awesome!

AND, let's all admit it - we all wanted to see the "Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, [win] their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire" (A New Hope crawl).  No victory comes without a cost.  The cost is; everyone we came to know and care about in the movie dies.  We knew it was coming because they had to have a plausible explanation why we never see any of these characters in any other SW movies.

The Force Awakens, Solo, and the other movies did fan service that was so in our face, as if none of us fans would get the jokes, that it was insulting.  Rogue One didn't insult us, didn't break the SW universe, and provided plausible explanations that fit A New Hope.  To that end, it worked well as a prequel.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MarleyMoose said:

Was it buy 1 get an equal or lesser value at 50% off? I remember getting a 10212 IS for @ $120. Probably wrong though.

According to my records, I bought two 10212 at TRU on 3/16/13 on a BOGO 50% deal.

On 3/16/13, I paid 260+130+tax for two 10212.  I repeated this transaction 9 additional times until the end of March 2013.  I still have over 10 of these in storage.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Buckled...got the UCS SD...especially since it's on backorder...worried it may scarce out

This is going to be round for a couple of years no?   Up here in Canada almost all the retailers have it in stock.

I really want one too, but I keep hoping it may go 20% off at some point.   It did once at Chapters in March 2020, but I missed it.

13 hours ago, eliminator said:

Finally got my order today. What's the consensus on these GWP "landscape" sets? Wonder if they'll keep them going?

I'm still waiting on my shipment... It's been stuck in Salt Lake for the last 5 days because a damn sorting machine is down... I want my order ugh.

As far as the GWP landscape scenes, I really like them.  I think they are pretty nifty and a lot more interesting to build and display than a simple minifigure.  I know some of you prefer the minifigures, but these IMO hit the right spot for a GWP type of stuff.

• Like 1