May the 4th Be With You 2021

exciter1

Went to my local LEGO store. There was a line snaking through the entire mall, must have been a 3h wait just to get in (I arrived 15 mins before they opened). Spent a few minutes in line then decided this was not worth the cost of a $4.99 polybag, so while waiting I placed my order online.

I wanted to order a Mandalorian key chain to get my Tatooine GWP, but was afraid it wouldn't ship with the GWP as it is currently on backorder, so I threw in a The Child just to make sure the GWP ships.

Oh wait ... Wasn't that supposed to be the other way around?

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

Since I really do not need any more sets (no real room left and my wife would question my sanity yet again), I am sitting this round out and will wait for the race to the bottom to get the Tatooine Homestead GWP promo set.

Edited by LegoWalker4

2 hours ago, TANV said:

Bah. The 75192 UCS MF is out of stock online. I wonder if I should just try to wait for it to return in the next few days or pull the trigger on the UCS Star Destroyer instead with my VIP points.

Yeah, I think UCS Star Destroyer is what I'm using my next round of Amazon Gift Cards on that I'll get when cashing in Microsoft Points.

Showed up to Lego store in SoCal in the AM, and line was way too long.

Came back in the afternoon and while waiting in a shorter line, I spoke to the manager. He claimed he got WAY more R2’s than a normal launch. He said about 5 or 6 dozen. (Normally they get around 2-3 dozen)…. Still sold out within the hour of opening.

All other stores around him also reported selling out quickly, including Disneyland. Nuts.

Anyways, scooped up the last scout trooper helm + small Mando set with my GWPs and bounced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, scatttcat said:

Came back in the afternoon and while waiting in a shorter line, I spoke to the manager. He claimed he got WAY more R2’s than a normal launch. He said about 5 or 6 dozen. (Normally they get around 2-3 dozen)…. Still sold out within the hour of opening.

All other stores around him also reported selling out quickly, including Disneyland. Nuts.

Anyways, scooped up the last scout trooper helm + small Mando set with my GWPs and bounced emoji23.png

Looks like LEGO love is healthy and strong...optimistic about this Christmas season 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, scatttcat said:

Anyways, scooped up the last scout trooper helm + small Mando set with my GWPs and bounced emoji23.png

I assume you're talking about South Coast.  They always have a line and you have to get there early.  No thanks 😛

I was planning on hitting all the local stores but after baking in the sun for a baseball game I decided not to.  Will probably go in the AM.