10283 - Space Shuttle Discovery

Alpinemaps

20 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Whoa, what? You had both the Carrot House and Rocket Ride in your order that was In Warehouse and then they removed them while it was In Warehouse status?

When my order was completed (after purchase) I took a picture to confirm what was there (both Carrot House and Rocket Ride).  I checked my order last night before going to bed around 12:45 AM and the GWPs had been removed.  So they were there and then disappeared with no explanation.  When I called this morning (9 AM est) my order was already in the warehouse with no GWPs.

It surprised me when the CS told me I shouldn't have had any GWPs at all.  That was a first for me, especially when the Carrot House was supposed to end on 4/5, not 3/31 as he said.

So if you've made it to the Warehouse with the GWPs you're probably ok but I would still watch it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, exracer327 said:

When my order was completed (after purchase) I took a picture to confirm what was there (both Carrot House and Rocket Ride).  I checked my order last night before going to bed around 12:45 AM and the GWPs had been removed.  So they were there and then disappeared with no explanation.  When I called this morning (9 AM est) my order was already in the warehouse with no GWPs.

It surprised me when the CS told me I shouldn't have had any GWPs at all.  That was a first for me, especially when the Carrot House was supposed to end on 4/5, not 3/31 as he said.

So if you've made it to the Warehouse with the GWPs you're probably ok but I would still watch it.

So I too placed two orders last night with both GWP (Rocket ride and Carrot House). I too took photos of my computer screen after I got confirmation. And now my order status is "In Warehouse" but no GWP is shown.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out on my order. 

34 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

So I too placed two orders last night with both GWP (Rocket ride and Carrot House). I too took photos of my computer screen after I got confirmation. And now my order status is "In Warehouse" but no GWP is shown.

Jeez. That's awful that it happened to both of you. Luckily, both my GWPs are still there and my order is In Warehouse status. Will keep you all updated. 

Edited by oneknightr

Congrats to all that got additional GWPs added. Was only able to get 3200 Vip pts for two space shuttle orders. CS told me mbom was sold out, chariot can only be added to colosseum and Amelia has expired.

What do we think the ethics are on returning one of the two upon arrival?

3 minutes ago, stuco191 said:

Congrats to all that got additional GWPs added. Was only able to get 3200 Vip pts for two space shuttle orders. CS told me mbom was sold out, chariot can only be added to colosseum and Amelia has expired.

What do we think the ethics are on returning one of the two upon arrival?

Did you have any GWPs in your orders that got removed after the fact?

My ethics for returning upon arrival are, if we keep returning the items when the GWPs are removed after the fact, the quicker they will resolve this problem and their terrible website. So if they decide to just offer points, I will promptly return the item.

42 minutes ago, stuco191 said:

Both ff10746b173113a20e0eb900a5b7b64c.jpg

Got it. I see this a little different from buying something hoping to flip it, not being able to sell it and then returning it (Something I would personally not do).

In your case, part of the reason to buy the Shuttle is to get the GWPs that got put in your cart in order to effectively discount your purchase price. If the advertised items are removed after the fact, I don't see a problem with returning the set. 

2 hours ago, Gonkalin said:

I had the exact same thing also with my coin. I know my local Lego store manager. I may take it in and plead my case with him. See if he can give me something? If not, I will return one of the two. I will keep one to build regardless.

Local LEGO stores are no longer allowed to accept returns from LEGO Shop at Home.  I ran into this issue a while ago because I received a set from LEGO that had been crushed and I wanted to exchange it.  But it was going to cost me money to exchange it because I would have to mail it back.

Also, at the top of my shuttle order it says:

"Status: In Warehouse  ...   This order is not eligible for self return." 

I'm not sure what "not eligible for self return" means but you might want to look at your order to see if it says the same.

36 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Local LEGO stores are no longer allowed to accept returns from LEGO Shop at Home.  I ran into this issue a while ago because I received a set from LEGO that had been crushed and I wanted to exchange it.  But it was going to cost me money to exchange it because I would have to mail it back.

Also, at the top of my shuttle order it says:

"Status: In Warehouse  ...   This order is not eligible for self return." 

I'm not sure what "not eligible for self return" means but you might want to look at your order to see if it says the same.

Seems they are constantly introducing new rules, limitations, etc.  I just found out recently that Lego will only only you to spend $500 on gift certificates.  And if you want more that one (less than $500) it has to be a separate purchase.

One of these days one of these knock-offs may figure things out.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Shuttle is still available. No Backorder or Sold Out on day 1 like a lot of people were predicting, even after the absence of the VIP Ulysses set. 

Most of the more recent releases have been better. The 911, Police Station, and Medieval Blacksmith all seem to have had more stock produced. It's sets like the Corner Garage that have been almost perpetually OOS.

8 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Shuttle is still available. No Backorder or Sold Out on day 1 like a lot of people were predicting, even after the absence of the VIP Ulysses set. 

It’s also $200. Considering the low cost of the NASA license and large amounts of white pieces I believe this set should have came in closer to the $150 price point. I guess all silver painted pieces added to the cost. 

2 hours ago, oneknightr said:

My shuttle shipped today with the two GWPs that Lego cancelled for other people's orders. Anyone else's ship too with Carrot and Rocket GWPs?

Lego shipped.jpg

Mine shipped with my Space Coin but no promos. They were not showing “in warehouse” status but didn’t want to call yesterday and risk messing up my order. So I called today and the nice lady said they are sold out of all promos and gave me 2K VIP points. 

I do not think this set is still in stock because it is “overpriced” as the PPP is good at 8.5 for what you are getting. More likely because they have no GWP at all. 

ETA: Saturn V is 6.5 PPP which would make this around $150 so maybe it is overpriced. 

Edited by Pseudoty

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

ETA: Saturn V is 6.5 PPP which would make this around $150 so maybe it is overpriced. 

It seems overpriced to me compared to the Saturn V which has printed pieces. I see that the Shuttle uses stickers. $180 tops. 

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Watched this and some of his live build the other day and the bay door stickers are brutal if you want them just right. 

There’s a reason why it’s a 18+ build. Jang tends to complain a bit much about certain things. 

2 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I couldn’t find the “Flicks Pics and TV Clicks” thread?

Just finished last nights finale of For all Mankind (Apple TV) season 2. I really liked season 1 not so much season 2. Rotten tomatoes has it just the opposite with season 2 getting 100%. Will definitely be watching season 3 if Apple keeps on bumping out the free service. 

@Alpinemapscan you move this post please?