76199 - Carnage

stuco191

1 hour ago, coelian said:

From the high res images it appears the patterns on the forehead are all stickers instead of printed tiles. That's a bummer.

I agree 1000%.  Such a shame.  

After reading the TLG annual report, it appears they could afford to bump up their use of printed parts.  I feel they do not fully understand the impact of stickers on sets targeted for an older audience.  I get some kids like the stickers, but there are sets purposefully avoided by me (and certain other AFOLs) because of stickers and to me that equals a loss of REVENUE$, even if it means to add a small cost to the production line.  Moving away from stickers would also align with their sustainability efforts, eliminating millions and millions of sticker sheets annually from becoming waste.

Im sure they have some complicated formula deriving at their @Max Profit and this may be completely anecdotal on my part, But I just dont see this as a loss for them. If anything it would be keeping up with the competition. (Mega, Cobi, etc all using pad printing).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

I agree 1000%.  Such a shame.  

After reading the TLG annual report, it appears they could afford to bump up their use of printed parts.  I feel they do not fully understand the impact of stickers on sets targeted for an older audience.  I get some kids like the stickers, but there are sets purposefully avoided by me (and certain other AFOLs) because of stickers and to me that equals a loss of REVENUE$, even if it means to add a small cost to the production line.  Moving away from stickers would also align with their sustainability efforts, eliminating millions and millions of sticker sheets annually from becoming waste.

Im sure they have some complicated formula deriving at their @Max Profit and this may be completely anecdotal on my part, But I just dont see this as a loss for them. If anything it would be keeping up with the competition. (Mega, Cobi, etc all using pad printing).

I think for each set there is a certain amount of budget they can use for printed parts, in some cases like the recent wonder woman or the chinese new year sets there were plenty of printed sets. For this set clearly it is geared towards an older audience I thought the should have used printed parts. Not to mention it's a pain to get it right on curved surfaces. I usually don't put on the stickers, in recent memory I did put them for Diagon Alley and Carousel. I nearly got cross eyed trying to get it right for Carousel!

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting update for the “My Order Status” thread. I just got an email from Lego that my payment method needs to be updated on my preorder of 2 Carnage. I used the PayPal technique to get the Amelia GWP. 

Anyway, it looks like they have removed the set entirely from their website. I had it on my wishlist now it is gone, but even in my order history it just has a SKU 6345933. 

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/carnage-76199

Edited by Pseudoty

47 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Interesting update for the “My Order Status” thread. I just got an email from Lego that my payment method needs to be updated on my preorder of 2 Carnage. I used the PayPal technique to get the Amelia GWP. 

Anyway, it looks like they have removed the set entirely from their website. I had it on my wishlist now it is gone, but even in my order history it just has a SKU 6345933. 

I just got off with CS and they said it was a Paypal pre-authorization issue. She took a different form of payment and said they will ship out....we'll see. 

Order status on LEGO shows Carnage again and is in process....

Edited by odysea11
  • Like 1

I’m still seeing it
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, odysea11 said:

I just got off with CS and they said it was a Paypal pre-authorization issue. She took a different form of payment and said they will ship out....we'll see. 

Order status on LEGO shows Carnage again and is in process....

1 hour ago, stuco191 said:

Yep he is back. Guess it was something to do with the payment issue status. 

• 1 year later...