WANDAVISION Discussion - **Spoilers**

CosmicSpeed

12 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I loved the critical drinker review for this  . Touched perfectly on many themes and issues that my wife and I discussed as we watched. Don’t think I’d have much to say on top of that . . 

I'll have to watch it. I really can't find fault in the show.  It was entertaining, setup some cools stuff, and tried something new. 

1 minute ago, exciter1 said:

I'll have to watch it. I really can't find fault in the show.  It was entertaining, setup some cools stuff, and tried something new. 

I felt that as more things got revealed the more the wheels started coming off the wagon. I was really into it the first 4 episodes , the show’s style was refreshing and the mystery behind the event was intriguing .

The last episode was pretty generic and are you seriously going to compare enslaving thousands of civilians to losing a love one in real life and 3 imaginary people ! Still trying to understand the logic behind Rambo’s statement 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I loved the critical drinker review for this  . Touched perfectly on many themes and issues that my wife and I discussed as we watched. Don’t think I’d have much to say on top of that . . 

I agree with him.  The show started strong, but the end could have been better the more I think about it.

I try not to be too critical as I know there are many fans on this board ;)

3 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I agree with him.  The show started strong, but the end could have been better the more I think about it.

I try not to be too critical as I know there are many fans on this board ;)

I kept my critique “list”  . I understand why people would love it and I’m fine with it . I would have eaten it up if it was a Hogwarts series 😂😂 

The below article might explain why, towards the end of the series, things got a bit more jumbled.  There was originally 10 episodes planned.  However, due to the pandemic and edits, they were unable to add in stuff they wanted like Dr. Strange as Cumberbatch was in New Zealand during the pandemic and they didn't want to Green Screen him in - which I appreciate.

https://screenrant.com/wandavision-episode-count-10-plan-change-original/

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I kept my critique “list”  . I understand why people would love it and I’m fine with it . I would have eaten it up if it was a Hogwarts series 😂😂 

If you want critical, watch Mauler's review.  It is too much criticism for my taste as several things he pointed out could have been easily explained within the context of the show.  I usually like his takes but I think he was too hard on a popcorn flick / series like this. 

At the end of the day, the question should be "and the moral of the story is... ?".  If you honestly try to answer that question then Wandavision crumbles pretty easily :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

If you want critical, watch Mauler's review.  It is too much criticism for my taste as several things he pointed out could have been easily explained within the context of the show.  I usually like his takes but I think he was too hard on a popcorn flick / series like this. 

At the end of the day, the question should be "and the moral of the story is... ?".  If you honestly try to answer that question then Wandavision crumbles pretty easily :D

I was hoping Wanda would be the big bad wolf without any kind of redemption. The character snapped due to many tragic events in her life and there was no going back . Ah well , it was fun and a good escape, on to the next one 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, Falcon & Winter Soldier (F&WS) was supposed to debut BEFORE Wandavision

https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/25/22348084/marvel-black-widow-streaming-disney-plus-theaters-strategy-wandavision

and now we need to wait a full year (2021) until Dr. Strange to find out what happens next since Wandavision

[covid made the timing all messed up..it's like we're some weird multi-verse 😜]

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

So I'm totally late to the party on Wanda…just finished binging it last night. The whole story can be summed up with the beautiful line, "What is grief, if not love persevering?" Vision, a non-human, providing Wanda a way forward with her life is just about the most human thing ever. Very well done, MCU.

• Like 6