2021 Vidiyo

My daughter just turned 8 and is still too young for a cell phone (not letting her use mine for this).  This is an easy pass.  I'm trying to be open about it but the promo video didn't really sell this as being fun (to me).  I'm sure some people will use every feature and get really creative with it but it's not for my family.  My daughter would rather draw pictures, sing to herself, or if she needs media engagement play Animal Crossing or watch Star Wars Rebels on Disney+.

I think the TLG should start LegoTV.  I mean, with todays age, I cant believe they haven't yet.  

I was brainstorming this the other night.  They could migrate all the media they have and concentrate in one place. Would also be a perfect place you could upload and share your vidiyo. 

But more importantly, I was thinking they should start creative teams (like Netflix, Amazon, etc did) for original shows based off different themes. Since ive been on a 90sSpace kick, Ive been thinking about how you could storyline all the different factions, backgrounds, character building and even have them interact.  But this could also be done with Castle, Pirates, Bionicle. Could be a huge cash cow.

• Like 2

This may be mentioned in some of the videos already posted but I watched a LAN  member video who claims these figures will be available in Fortnite. Also, he points out that duplicates can’t be played in the game. So this may help but is unverified. 
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_02/6D2E7FFD-886D-4EB1-A643-D3298A446BBB.thumb.jpeg.8500cc68728c287fb6667f6dc09f93bf.jpeg

I’ve heard a LEGO / Fortnite rumor, too. Which means I’d these end up in there my 8 year old might be all over these.

In regards to a possible LEGO/Fortnite crossover (which could still happen), here is the upcoming Llama skin. No surprise it's basically just the in-game loot crate llama stuck onto some character's head and not the llama from this Vidiyo project.

fortnitelamaskin.jpg

19 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

6D2E7FFD-886D-4EB1-A643-D3298A446BBB.jpeg

If the accuracy to this photo (thank you by the way) is reliable across the board then buying a brand new case outright would be the best way in acquisition both for personal collection and resale. Regarding resale for this offshoot series, I am leaning towards removing each character plus accessories out of their respective blind box into a small ziplock bag and listing along the lines of "new, removed from package for confirmation" or whatever proper terms would work.

I do not know how popular the actual Vidiyo concept will be nor its characters. However due to the 'unsmooshable' blind boxes, people will have little to no choice but head over to the secondary market for the minifigures they actually want. (Unless LEGO went back to using unique UPC codes same as Series 1 & 2 from the Collectable Minifigures line or some other means in identifying individual characters we have yet to discover here.)

On 2/19/2021 at 2:55 PM, BricksBrotha said:

I think the TLG should start LegoTV.  I mean, with todays age, I cant believe they haven't yet.

In a weird way, I'm a little surprised the LEGO company has not created their own pay channel as well. They have plenty of content made already over the years which could simply re-air on it while creating new programs in the meantime. Then again I ponder what all complications would arise in needing a department just for media production among other things.

On 2/19/2021 at 1:55 PM, BricksBrotha said:

They do have a Roku App, it's got Friends and Ninjago TV series available on it along with the content they produce for YouTube. I think anything they make, especially new original lines like this and Hidden Side would be buoyed by original video content alongside it.

1 hour ago, KvHulk said:

Just what we'd need... Another channel that would be re-broadcasting the same reruns over and over because they lack enough content.

A year later after launch and I'm sure they'd have LegoTV+ for an extra $4.99/monthly.

No, not another channel. Their own media service.  Just as Disney+, Peacock, Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO. Everybody these days owns and broadcast's their own media through the webs.  LegoTV would give them an umbrella to put all movies, shows, media such as vidiyo & hidden side, but gives them the room to add creative shows to City, Friends, Space, Bionicle, You name it. 

But again, we are talking about a toy company that has a hard time having a successfully operating website in 2021.

2 hours ago, keymomachine said:

They do have a Roku App, it's got Friends and Ninjago TV series available on it along with the content they produce for YouTube. I think anything they make, especially new original lines like this and Hidden Side would be buoyed by original video content alongside it.

Yes, sorta like this app, but expand on this. Include all the movies (TLM TLBM Ninjago etc) and Tv shows and media products like this vidiyo. That way all these attempts to enter the media market has another audience to reach. 

2 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

Then again I ponder what all complications would arise in needing a department just for media production among other things.

I would guess the risk vs reward here would payoff.  I mean Disney+ has unexpectedly kept them afloat through all of this.  Im sure Lego has something to gain if they play their cards right. 

Oh sorry about that. When you referred to channel a few times, I was under the impression you meant a dedicated station on cable providers or something similar to what they offer today.  

But yes, its more probably than not they come out with LegoTV soon. We are on agreement of that.  It just seems odd they havent launched yet, but are investing in other media platforms.  They keep going in different directions when they could have everything under one umbrella for a yearly subscription. 

It appears you are uncomfortable with the way media is migrating? Personally, I think the trending model is way better than the outdated model of overpaying for cable from a provider that has a monopoly in certain regions of the country.

In our house we price shop our wifi, have a digital antenna for major networks and only pay for the media we we want.  To my lifestyle this way better than having 100+ channels of garbage and commercials for $150 a month... 

Yes I can confirm that, I took a complete column out of a fresh box and got all 12 characters. 

Here's the weights in grams on my scale if you are interested, not that I would bring a scale along to a store. 😁

24.7  Cowboy
24.8  mermaid
24.8  alien
25  samurapper
25.2  ice cream
25.7  dj cheetah
25.9  bunny
26.2  werewolf
26.2  banshee singer
26.6  cotton candy cheerleader
26.7  red panda dancer
27.1  shark
  • Like 2

Yes I can confirm that, I took a complete column out of a fresh box and got all 12 characters. 
Here's the weights in grams on my scale if you are interested, not that I would bring a scale along to a store. 
24.7  Cowboy
24.8  mermaid
24.8  alien
25  samurapper
25.2  ice cream
25.7  dj cheetah
25.9  bunny
26.2  werewolf
26.2  banshee singer
26.6  cotton candy cheerleader
26.7  red panda dancer
27.1  shark
Nothing wrong or illegal with bringing a scale to the store and weighing something that you may be interested in purchasing.

I used to flip LOL Surprise Queen Bee dolls back when they were selling for $70 each on Ebay. I brought a scale into the store and weighed each doll so I would know which ones to buy. I did this at Target, Walmart and the Navy Exchange.

This is the scale I brought...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084D5HZTS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_83WT3ZGYH63XDE6DNRAG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1