Why so serious? Have a laugh!: The Darth Raichu show

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had several people (ebay) ask me about auctions ending 12/15, "Can you 'guarantee' this will arrive to my home before Christmas."  They are so disappointed when I tell them I can only "guarantee" I'll have it to the PO the morning after they pay for it (baring any catastrophic accidents) and the USPS tracking will show them where their package is after I get it to the PO. 

When the USPS introduces teleporters people will be happier... for a time.  Then they'll be mad it didn't arrive instantly after hitting "pay".

I enjoy selling at this time of year because you get the "last minute shopper," but let's at least be reasonable.  lol

Hmm, I just had a new idea - housing above the Amazon distribution center.

4 hours ago, exracer327 said:

I've had several people (ebay) ask me about auctions ending 12/15, "Can you 'guarantee' this will arrive to my home before Christmas."  They are so disappointed when I tell them I can only "guarantee" I'll have it to the PO the morning after they pay for it (baring any catastrophic accidents) and the USPS tracking will show them where their package is after I get it to the PO. 

When the USPS introduces teleporters people will be happier... for a time.  Then they'll be mad it didn't arrive instantly after hitting "pay".

I enjoy selling at this time of year because you get the "last minute shopper," but let's at least be reasonable.  lol

I guess I will bite and ask then... why are you setting up auctions to end possibly after the Xmas rush window closes?  I am not calling you out.  Just genuinely curious why sellers even set up auctions anymore.

Totally off topic, but I don't see why eBay just eliminates the auction option.  In this age of gotta-have-it-now-same-day-delivery, what buyer wants to follow a ten day auction?  

Hey Y'all, just thought I'd mention It's my one year anniversary as a Brickpicker?  Maybe Ill write a "what I've learned  and how I've changed strategies and even lifestyle" story similar to PhilB awesome post some time ago, but maybe I won't.   Thanks to EVERYONE for being such a sharp wit, generous, heads-up community!   Good Luck to all going forward.

I Expect Gifts!!!

• Like 5

On 12/12/2019 at 4:32 PM, carini26 said:

I guess I will bite and ask then... why are you setting up auctions to end possibly after the Xmas rush window closes?  I am not calling you out.  Just genuinely curious why sellers even set up auctions anymore.

Totally off topic, but I don't see why eBay just eliminates the auction option.  In this age of gotta-have-it-now-same-day-delivery, what buyer wants to follow a ten day auction?  

Re: timing, even ground shipping from my sales should arrive before Christmas.  Priority will arrive before the weekend before Christmas.

Re: auctions, you'd be surprised what last-minute buyers will sometimes pay.

However, if you can "guarantee" USPS will have their package arrive "on time," then you are a far better person than I am.  All I can "guarantee" is that their package will get to the PO the morning after they pay and that it "should" arrive on time.

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:28 PM, Belac said:

Hey Y'all, just thought I'd mention It's my one year anniversary as a Brickpicker?  Maybe Ill write a "what I've learned  and how I've changed strategies and even lifestyle" story similar to PhilB awesome post some time ago, but maybe I won't.   Thanks to EVERYONE for being such a sharp wit, generous, heads-up community!   Good Luck to all going forward.

Congratulations. And if you have the spark & drive to a personal retrospective, by all means please do share your tale.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Bold-Arrow changed the title to Why so serious? Have a laugh!: The Darth Raichu show