Why so serious? Have a laugh!: The Darth Raichu show

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:48 PM, Chormeister said:

Just doing my nightly stroll through the posts from today. I was scrolling through the “Retiring Soon - open speculation” thread when I scrolled past the ubiquitous Amazon banner add. I thought it was funny that this is what Amazon thinks about that particular thread.

I thought it's individually based on each user's viewing history? Are you dying but looking to play with Littlest Pet Shop toys in your final days?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Stud-Flipper said:

I thought it's individually based on each user's viewing history? Are you dying but looking to play with Littlest Pet Shop toys in your final days?

Haha! Yes, that’s usually the case, but I turned off the individualized ads on Amazon a while ago. Since I did that the ads are based on the site that I’m currently visiting, so it has nothing to do with my search history. The humorous part of the situation is that Amazon’s algorithms (or whatever) interpret the contents of the thread that way (end of life: maybe they need a book on dying?).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Bold-Arrow changed the title to Why so serious? Have a laugh!: The Darth Raichu show