LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

8 hours ago, BaconBits said:

I didn't see it either until I did the following: remove everything from the cart, log out of your LEGO account on the browser, log back on, add your items >$50 and I now see the Spooky VIP pack.

That worked and here is the Witch not worth waiting for IMO unless you want the flying monkey build. 

C7BCBF88-5D68-4169-8790-881EE5F7E234.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Pigs and wings.  Are those meant to be a reaction to their Foosball set ? :P

Oh I thought it was for the new PF Animals Remix, which is amazing:

6 minutes ago, marcandre said:

These look like a pile of the extra pieces left after building a large set. We still getting proper xmas theme gwp's? 

Yes, there are 2,  I believe PP upthread. 

45 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Mystic Witch (40562) now adding to cart. At least in Canada...

Same, too bad there wasn’t a chance to stack it with Ray, Spooky VIP Pack, and 2X VIP. This set is bad maybe that is why they made it a GWP and not a standalone set for $25. But don’t take my word for it I think this is the first time I ever saw The Brick Fan have a negative review:

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-creator-mystic-witch-40562-review/

2X VIP observations:

Not a single set above $120 went OOS during the week long event that overlapped with 4 different GWPs (Ray, Spooky, Llyod and Witch). Titanic, Diagon and BTTF were already OOS when the event started, and T2 returned in stock. 

In the $99 and up category: The Office (New Release), Sesame Street and Elf Club House  both marked as “Retiring Soon” both went to OOS. 

Of the 45 sets that were 20-40% off none went OOS: Ninjago Endless Sea was already OOS on 9/16  

Sets with 8/1 Price increases that are currently OOS (not sure if these were prior to the 2X): Pet Daycare Center is the only one I see from the list:

https://www.brickfanatics.com/complete-list-of-lego-price-increases-in-the-us/

Other sets of note: MILF usually never available during 2X VIP and if so never makes it through the weekend let alone an entire week is still available  

Themes of note: Arch, Icons, Ideas, Creator Expert, Technic, and HP no sets above $10 besides those already mentioned are OOS.  SW only the Clone Trooper battle pack is OOS.

Conclusions:

Lego no longer has a supply chain issue.

Also, possible that sales are down due to the economy and/or season.

Possible 8/1 Price increase effect. Oh, and for those not following there is another price increase coming 1/1/2023. I know new single pack SC sets will be $25 up 25%. 

Buy: Sesame Street, Elf Clubhouse, Titanic, Diagon, BTTF, The Office and pet daycare in that order ;)  

Still 16 hours left. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

2X VIP observations:

Not a single set above $120 went OOS during the week long event that overlapped with 4 different GWPs (Ray, Spooky, Llyod and Witch). Titanic, Diagon and BTTF were already OOS when the event started, and T2 returned in stock. 

In the $99 and up category: The Office (New Release), Sesame Street and Elf Club House  both marked as “Retiring Soon” both went to OOS. 

Of the 45 sets that were 20-40% off none went OOS: Ninjago Endless Sea was already OOS on 9/16  

Sets with 8/1 Price increases that are currently OOS (not sure if these were prior to the 2X): Pet Daycare Center is the only one I see from the list:

https://www.brickfanatics.com/complete-list-of-lego-price-increases-in-the-us/

Other sets of note: MILF usually never available during 2X VIP and if so never makes it through the weekend let alone an entire week is still available  

Themes of note: Arch, Icons, Ideas, Creator Expert, Technic, and HP no sets above $10 besides those already mentioned are OOS.  SW only the Clone Trooper battle pack is OOS.

Conclusions:

Lego no longer has a supply chain issue.

Also, possible that sales are down due to the economy and/or season.

Possible 8/1 Price increase effect. Oh, and for those not following there is another price increase coming 1/1/2023. I know new single pack SC sets will be $25 up 25%. 

Buy: Sesame Street, Elf Clubhouse, Titanic, Diagon, BTTF, The Office and pet daycare in that order ;)  

Still 16 hours left. 

Whats the price increase going to be coming January? Is there a list of sets that are going up?

Is Sesame Street really that much of a slam dunk? Why is Disney Castle not on that list? 

Also, is the office really retiring? Wasn't it released in July of this year?

Edited by LegoPicker88888

38 minutes ago, LegoPicker88888 said:

Whats the price increase going to be coming January? Is there a list of sets that are going up?

Is Sesame Street really that much of a slam dunk? Why is Disney Castle not on that list? 

Also, is the office really retiring? Wasn't it released in July of this year?

I don’t think there is an expected January price increase. Also, the Office he has as a new release, not retiring soon.

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion