LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

6 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

How do they get the $30 off? Is it something they do in the rewards center. Hope this is coming to the states.

Yes, various sets have various discounts looks like $20, $25 and $30. Redeem 100 VIP points per discount, not sure if it is limit 1 per set. They do have the $ sign so maybe soon?

973F860A-050E-4061-8B18-46052D55C719.png

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

10/1 are Castaway, Ninjago Lloyd Mech poly, and Halloween VIP mix poly 

10/4 3 in 1 Witch GWP

10th-16th Double VIP

thanks that’s great want most of those and the razor crest is really nice but I just got the ucs Star destroyer so glad I can wait two years on the razor crest lol especially with having the regular one, the haslab one and the hot wheels one there is a lot of other retiring stuff to get first.  Glad no star wars gwp with razor crest or so it may seem 

On 9/20/2022 at 10:12 PM, ravenb99 said:

10/1 are Castaway, Ninjago Lloyd Mech poly, and Halloween VIP mix poly 

10/14 3 in 1 Witch GWP

10th-16th Double VIP

I'm really hoping the Oct 10-16th double points event is still happening.. If so, what's the likelihood of Ray the Castaway GWP still being available on the 10th to do a double dip?

Figure it's time to pull the trigger on 10305 Lion Kings Castle and would prefer Ray over the points if it came down to choosing one over the other (using a $120 discount reward, so points would only apply to $280).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

I'm really hoping the Oct 10-16th double points event is still happening.. If so, what's the likelihood of Ray the Castaway GWP still being available on the 10th to do a double dip?

Figure it's time to pull the trigger on 10305 Lion Kings Castle and would prefer Ray over the points if it came down to choosing one over the other (using a $120 discount reward, so points would only apply to $280).

I would use the $120 VIP Reward to get something like The Office on 10/1 for "free" to guarantee the Ray and then wait for 2X VIP (don't redeem then) to get the Castle and possibly another Ray.  That is my plan except since I have the Castle I will be getting the Lighthouse, both sets are overpriced so 2X VIP and GWP is the way to go until we see 40% off. 

Caveat:  Still need to keep 15K in VIP points banked for the big BF reveal ;) 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

I would use the $120 VIP Reward to get something like The Office on 10/1 for "free" to guarantee the Ray and then wait for 2X VIP (don't redeem then) to get the Castle and possibly another Ray.  That is my plan except since I have the Castle I will be getting the Lighthouse, both sets are overpriced so 2X VIP and GWP is the way to go until we see 40% off. 

Caveat:  Still need to keep 15K in VIP points banked for the big BF reveal ;) 

Great advice. This year has genuinely been the unluckiest year of my life. I would highly suggest that everyone keep their points right now because when I redeem mine for credit in the following weeks, I'll bet everything they find another Batpod lying around to post in the VIP Rewards the day after I cash my points out. 

That's my final VIP Reward prediction for the year.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

f so, what's the likelihood of Ray the Castaway GWP still being available on the 10th to do a double dip?

Do you have a local store? I feel like this one might sell out online after 10 days but is likely to linger in stores for most of the promo. Some of the other recent promos have lasted a lot longer in my store than they did online. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, legorunner said:

Do you have a local store? I feel like this one might sell out online after 10 days but is likely to linger in stores for most of the promo. Some of the other recent promos have lasted a lot longer in my store than they did online. 

I do, but I also have a loyalty reward to redeem and can only do that online, so I’m factoring that variable into the equation 🤔

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

I do, but I also have a loyalty reward to redeem and can only do that online, so I’m factoring that variable into the equation 🤔

they changed points back to where they can just issue for you in store now,  lot easier than having to click on that bs before and choosing in store and online.   

2 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Spooky VIP was gone this morning for those waiting on 2X VIP or the Witch set. 

yep quite a shock I was hoping to get in a few more orders.  my local store has plenty of cast away but ran out of the vip poly online as well.  unless there is a later in the month restock this thing is in much shorter supply than the pirate poly

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion