LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

The first of my 5 Pooh sketches arrived today. Quality is quite nice and it's printed on card stock paper. Each one is also individually numbered.

I imagine certain numbers ie: #1, #1000, etc will increase the value. Haven't seen any of these for sale yet and curious of the value collectors are

putting on these.

20210324_112226.jpg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, nami said:

The first of my 5 Pooh sketches arrived today. Quality is quite nice and it's printed on card stock paper. Each one is also individually numbered.

I imagine certain numbers ie: #1, #1000, etc will increase the value. Haven't seen any of these for sale yet and curious of the value collectors are

putting on these.

20210324_112226.jpg

Put it up on the bay and let's see!

5 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

I must admit. The coins and these prints have been a great use of VIP points. Granted, I missed out on the Batpod when this new program rolled out. Big regret. 

Same here.  Although, I dont think Ive ever had enough points at the same time. (IIRC the batpod was ~10-15K points)  Small timer here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nami said:

putting on these.

20210324_112226.jpg

Really wish I had gotten this version. Glad I have a couple of the others coming.

41 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Same here.  Although, I dont think Ive ever had enough points at the same time. (IIRC the batpod was ~10-15K points)  Small timer here.

Sadly, I had enough points. I'm holding onto 16K points right now waiting for the next Batpod-type reward, but I don't think another reward will ever be as good. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Sadly, I had enough points. I'm holding onto 16K points right now waiting for the next Batpod-type reward, but I don't think another reward will ever be as good. 

Makes you wonder if they would ever "find" a Mr Gold to have people waste points trying to win.

2 hours ago, nami said:

putting on these.

20210324_112226.jpg

Sales of these are going for stupid money in the UK, one is at 100 pound already. I just can't see how there worth that much? 

Just now, raulaco said:

Sales of these are going for stupid money in the UK, one is at 100 pound already. I just can't see how there worth that much? 

Also to clear up an issue, Lego wrongly put on the UK site that one of these was limited to 500. Upon seeing that sketch on eBay it is in fact 1000. So I'm guessing the total of each was indeed 1000 but split between different regions, ie according to Germany we got 360 or something. :)

• Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 7:07 AM, minicoopers11 said:

YMMV: I did extend way beyond the 60 day window before. I guess they set the 60 day window to cover themselves, not just to say "lol, you're out of luck" once the last minute expires.

well you'll get the points back if you email them a reason...I said Covid which is he catchall scapegoat for everything.

I got a poster just because my sister is a fig Pooh fan...but currently after-market prices are reaching the "she doesn't need to know" level

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

well you'll get the points back if you email them a reason...I said Covid which is he catchall scapegoat for everything.

I got a poster just because my sister is a fig Pooh fan...but currently after-market prices are reaching the "she doesn't need to know" level

Can anyone explain the reason on why they are going so high? I don't understand much regarding prints but I never thought I'd see this. I do wonder if prices will drastically drop as soon as more are listed, I never quite know what to believe regarding the initial eBay high prices.

For me I'm still giving mine to my kids to frame but it is very interested to watch. What are other people's plans? 

49 minutes ago, raulaco said:

Can anyone explain the reason on why they are going so high? I don't understand much regarding prints but I never thought I'd see this. I do wonder if prices will drastically drop as soon as more are listed, I never quite know what to believe regarding the initial eBay high prices.

For me I'm still giving mine to my kids to frame but it is very interested to watch. What are other people's plans? 

not too hard to uderstand:

popular Disney characters + limited edition = disney fans are cray cray (and have lots of disposable income)

I was dismissive of prints until I saw the limited edition which gave me pause...at one time I had one of each in my cart...then I opted to save the points for "something good" and just got one for my sis...

• Like 1

Having a 11mo baby boy with a winnie the pooh themed bedroom, I can comfortably say the little bear has a cult like following.  Add in nice paper, limited edition and like others mention Disney factor and I can see how we land here.  However, unsure if we are at the celling, floor or somewhere in the middle. 

4 hours ago, nami said:

putting on these.

20210324_112226.jpg

I do like how they package the prints, very nice.

Edited by BricksBrotha

13 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I didn’t even pay attention that they existed before Pooh was available.

On March 17th I received a VIP email advertising the Winnie The Pooh set. If you scrolled down near the bottom of the email

there was and advertisement for the limited edition sketches. You probably received the email, just missed it or didn't read it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BricksBrotha said:

Having a 11mo baby boy with a winnie the pooh themed bedroom, I can comfortably say the little bear has a cult like following.  Add in nice paper, limited edition and like others mention Disney factor and I can see how we land here.  However, unsure if we are at the celling, floor or somewhere in the middle. 

I do like how they package the prints, very nice.

Hmm I actually received one today, it wasn't packaged in anything. Just was placed on top of the Lego I had ordered. Outer box was battered so lucky the print wasn't creased. I was expected the print to be protected somehow lol. 

3 minutes ago, raulaco said:

Hmm I actually received one today, it wasn't packaged in anything. Just was placed on top of the Lego I had ordered. Outer box was battered so lucky the print wasn't creased. I was expected the print to be protected somehow lol. 

Weird and inconsistent, I guess we're at the mercy of the packer.  Mine had four flaps of cardboard that folded in completely protecting the sketch. My other 4 sketches are still on the way

and now I'm a little worried. The one I received was shipped with a Winnie The Pooh set and Carrot House freebie.  Good that yours arrived undamaged 🙂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nami said:

Weird and inconsistent, I guess we're at the mercy of the packer.  Mine had four flaps of cardboard that folded in completely protecting the sketch. My other 4 sketches are still on the way

and now I'm a little worried. The one I received was shipped with a Winnie The Pooh set and Carrot House freebie.  Good that yours arrived undamaged 🙂

Yer the promos were just sat on top of it. To be honest the print wasn't perfect, I did notice at the top there were a few marks of blue colour on the white. 

I'm not really sure what to order for other prints. I'm thinking if I order something small will the packer just wedge it in. Probably need to order a similar size box to the Winnie the Pooh set. Maybe I'm being to paranoid. 

Edited by raulaco

15 minutes ago, raulaco said:

Yer the promos were just sat on top of it. To be honest the print wasn't perfect, I did notice at the top there were a few marks of blue colour on the white. 

I'm not really sure what to order for other prints. I'm thinking if I order something small will the packer just wedge it in. Probably need to order a similar size box to the Winnie the Pooh set. Maybe I'm being to paranoid. 

or order something really small like a poly bag...then it will come in a gigantic oversized box for sure

• Like 1

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion