LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

39 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

Anyone else having issues with LEGO Shop at Home or is it just me?

Update....the website is working but in the rewards center, the dollar amounts are showing in USD but the language is not English. I checked my settings and I am set for North America/English..so not too sure.

Appears to be in Greek. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Rak only gave me 2.5% on my T2  from the other  day when 15% was live

The Rakuten deal was 15% for non-exclusives only.  Sets marked as Exclusives and Hard-to-Find were only eligible for 2.5%.  Someone else mentioned this on one of the forums, I tested it with 1 order which had two different sets: Elf House and Winnie House, the Elf house got 15% but the Winnie House only got 2.5% and it was marked as Hard-to-Find.  Some folks on the site have indicated that it shouldn't matter and everything should be eligible for the full discount, so it may just depend how the order is checked/flagged.... not sure.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, pharmjod said:

It didn't register any of the 5 orders I placed through the app. I'm a little annoyed. No codes, did a new shopping trip each time. 

I had a similar issue, I made 4 orders in total and only 1 registered officially online.  Normally, in my limited experience anyway, the orders pop up immediately in the "Shopping Trip" section but they didn't this time.  I contacted customer service and they asked for me to send my order #s.  I sent an email about each transactions separately.  It took about 5 days or so and they finally came through and gave me my cashback for each one.

Full disclosure, I made the orders on my PC and not through the app, not sure if it matters but I'd contact CS to get it resolved.

Edited by LegoTriathlete
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, naasfu said:

Odd, I got 15% confirmed for my UCS AT-AT. No GWP or codes were used for this order.

Nice, like I said in my other entry, seems like it varies based on user or transaction.  I didn't want to risk it with such a high ticket item since I didn't want to mess with returning it if it didn't go through with an online transaction.  YMMV... I would have loved to pick up a couple of high ticket items with this cashback but maybe next time!

Edited by LegoTriathlete

Good to know that Rakuten's customer service is willing to help out. I haven't used them much lately, but at least back then when they were EB****, I got my discounts pretty reliably and had a handful of issues resolved easily by customer service.

UCS AT-AT is tagged with "Hard to find" but shows up when you view the Exclusives category. I used PC (redirect from Rakuten's site, didn't use their extension), made sure to disable my ad blocker, and added to cart after the redirect. Really happy to get this set with a good discount. :)

Edited by naasfu
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, LegoTriathlete said:

The Rakuten deal was 15% for non-exclusives only

Well, this is kinda funny: the 40469 Tuk Tuk is marked as an Exclusive and I still received 15% CB on it, but I did have non-exclusives in my basket. Maybe the low price point of the Tuk combined with the higher price point non-exclusives made it go through?

I think we figured out our other major concern though. One BP’er used a promo code for a physical reward and got denied by Rakuten, and another used one for an amount off voucher and also got denied. So, I won’t be redeeming anything if the CB is justified.

41 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Well, this is kinda funny: the 40469 Tuk Tuk is marked as an Exclusive and I still received 15% CB on it, but I did have non-exclusives in my basket. Maybe the low price point of the Tuk combined with the higher price point non-exclusives made it go through?

I think we figured out our other major concern though. One BP’er used a promo code for a physical reward and got denied by Rakuten, and another used one for an amount off voucher and also got denied. So, I won’t be redeeming anything if the CB is justified.

I used a $$$ off code, but still received 2.5% on the T2.

We might need to keep a list of what works for 15%. It appears AT-AT and Tuk Tuk are on the list:

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, LegoTriathlete said:

I had a similar issue, I made 4 orders in total and only 1 registered officially online.  Normally, in my limited experience anyway, the orders pop up immediately in the "Shopping Trip" section but they didn't this time.  I contacted customer service and they asked for me to send my order #s.  I sent an email about each transactions separately.  It took about 5 days or so and they finally came through and gave me my cashback for each one.

Full disclosure, I made the orders on my PC and not through the app, not sure if it matters but I'd contact CS to get it resolved.

Now that I'm looking at it, under shopping trips, all 5 trips registered, but there is no cashback listed yet associated with each order.  How long does it usually take to show up? All of my orders have now shipped and should be at my house in the next day or two. 

30 minutes ago, pharmjod said:

Now that I'm looking at it, under shopping trips, all 5 trips registered, but there is no cashback listed yet associated with each order.  How long does it usually take to show up? All of my orders have now shipped and should be at my house in the next day or two. 

Nothing shows up until they ship.

Well, I usually don't follow up on any of this but just did.  I haven't been given any cash back from Lego since March last year.  Wonder what they will do about that . . .

I usually click on rakuten on my iPhone browser and purchase through there.  Wonder if that is an issue.

Edited by gmpirate

Here’s a first, Rakuten 15% cash back and 5% Honey cash back on the same order. Definitely a glitch. I ordered through the extension in my chrome browser and had to repeatedly turn off the Honey extension and reactivate the Rakuten one. Honey apparently captured the sale anyway, but I took a screenshot and Rakuten honored it. Sometimes the Honey pending stuff doesn’t go through weeks or months later so we will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Honey reliable for most people? I tried them once early this year because they had a good % CB deal. Placed my order and got confirmation, but when the points were added to my account, it was only 1%.

I didn't remember what the advertised deal percentage was, so I didn't bother disputing and just switched back to using something else.

On 5/19/2022 at 11:52 AM, odysea11 said:

Anyone else having issues with LEGO Shop at Home or is it just me?

Update....the website is working but in the rewards center, the dollar amounts are showing in USD but the language is not English. I checked my settings and I am set for North America/English..so not too sure.

I've been having a similar issue too (may not be yours exactly?) and saw some crazy prices for sets that are much cheaper in the US. It happened when I clicked on a LEGO SAH link from a BP'er in another country. It was kind of cool because I saw Australian's were getting a Jane Goodall GWP in May?

This is what worked for me (ymmv):

1. https://www.lego.com/en-us/vip/rewards-center

image.thumb.png.ec3290f594633183e66b8211750b20df.png

image.thumb.png.99ae687cc84513e9ea033a755ec66cf7.png

image.png.7ee8967bd82fac0db1ffcfecc58fc112.png

5. This will take you back to your home country's SAH and everything will be normal again.

Edited by Captain_Obvious
  • Like 1

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion