LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

1 hour ago, melting said:

Anyone grab the Pooh print before it sold out? It was clearly the best one, I managed to get the other one that had all the characters in it. At the time it was saying less than 50 available. 

Those are both gone now.I grabbed the other three though. 

33 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

Those are both gone now.I grabbed the other three though. 

I went on last night and was surprised to find them all available already so I grabbed them. Grabbed them all because I actually want them, now it will be interesting to see what the value on them is?

2 hours ago, melting said:

Anyone grab the Pooh print before it sold out? It was clearly the best one, I managed to get the other one that had all the characters in it. At the time it was saying less than 50 available. 

I missed the group ones. I think they are limited to 1,000 per print so might be a good hold or flip.

Edited by cardkid
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, melting said:

I manage to get codes for all 5 prints last night, glad I did as I didn't expect them to be gone this morning. However I have a question about redeeming these. Is there a way to redeem all 5 in one order? I placed an order and it would only let me enter one code, unlike VIP cash codes that let you enter several. Anyone have success redeeming more than one promo code in the same order? Surely I wouldn't be expected to redeem these over 5 orders ?

1 minute ago, nami said:

I manage to get codes for all 5 prints last night, glad I did as I didn't expect them to be gone this morning. However I have a question about redeeming these. Is there a way to redeem all 5 in one order? I placed an order and it would only let me enter one code, unlike VIP cash codes that let you enter several. Anyone have success redeeming more than one promo code in the same order? Surely I wouldn't be expected to redeem these over 5 orders ?

Unfortunately I think somewhere in the terms it says you are only allowed to redeem one per order. At least that’s the way most of those rewards have worked.

17 minutes ago, nami said:

I ordered 2 Pooh sets separately to get the the Giveaway and added a print to each.  It is only 1 per order. 

3 hours ago, nami said:

I never tried calling to redeem, you could try that I suppose, but yes, the online system only allows one per order. And a free shipping code counts as one, making it even more painful.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, melting said:

big thank you!

considering we could only get one per person and 5,000 sold out within hours, I believe these will be a hot collector's item.

however, these loyalty rewards are not really known to the larger public, so demand is always fuzzy because a majority don't know. we all know about sets because their featured on the site over the course of time, but these are posted behind a wall and then quickly taken down once sold out.

i think the coins will be a huge winner with the boomers, but again, not everyone knows.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

big thank you!

considering we could only get one per person and 5,000 sold out within hours, I believe these will be a hot collector's item.

however, these loyalty rewards are not really known to the larger public, so demand is always fuzzy because a majority don't know. we all know about sets because their featured on the site over the course of time, but these are posted behind a wall and then quickly taken down once sold out.

i think the coins will be a huge winner with the boomers, but again, not everyone knows.

Was it limited to 1000 per print worldwide? I know 4 of them were at 1000 and the 5th one was just 500. I'm keeping mine to frame for my son as he loves Winnie and friends. :)

• Confused 1

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 2021 LEGO VIP Rewards Discussion
1 hour ago, melting said:

IDK, I looked at all of them and I thought they all said 1/1000

1 hour ago, raulaco said:

The "Hello” Winnie the Pooh Sketch was limited to 500. That's what the UK site says anyway. :)

Your badges indicate different regions.  I am guessing each region got a specific amount, most likely 5K total world wide. 

i was able to snag 3/5 pooh's, but there's not a set that i want and there's a 60 day window to redeem.

what's the best approach to getting these redeemed on the cheap? i went with a botanicals ploybag plus $5 to ship ($10 total) in order to get my last coin..

Edited by Captain_Obvious
  • Like 1

i was able to snag 3/5 pooh's, but there's not a set that i want and there's a 60 day window to redeem.
what's the best approach to getting these redeemed on the cheap? i went with a botanicals ploybag plus $5 to ship ($10 total) in order to get my last coin..

Keychain? Something in the clearance bin?
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

YMMV: I did extend way beyond the 60 day window before. I guess they set the 60 day window to cover themselves, not just to say "lol, you're out of luck" once the last minute expires.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

If you have paypal, you can order something on back order(ie police station etc.) add a small set(key chain poly bag whathave you) also include the promocode.   Everything will ship, even the GWP, except the backorder item.  When the back order is live, you actually have to physically buy again b/c of a security feature in Paypal. The catch is you never circle back to authorize the buy for the backordered item.   Not sure how long before this loop is closed.

image.png.e1773e23391dc90dc03b8d95b1b7e32d.png

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

If you have paypal, you can order something on back order(ie police station etc.) add a small set(key chain poly bag whathave you) also include the promocode.   Everything will ship, even the GWP, except the backorder item.  When the back order is live, you actually have to physically buy again b/c of a security feature in Paypal. The catch is you never circle back to authorize the buy for the backordered item.   Not sure how long before this loop is closed.

Sneaky bugger.  :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

Just note that isn't always true.  YMMV.  I've had items on backorder (the Tuk Tuk comes to mind), that didn't require a reauthorization.  Ordered on January 10, shipped on February 17.

What I did discover is that if you forgot to add an item to a PayPal order, they can't add the item to that order because of the authorization amount.  You have to make a separate order.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 10:59 AM, BricksBrotha said:

Discovered that part where they send the rest of the items in an order except for the stuff that's unavailable when I pre-ordered the Carnage bust along with one other thing in order to get a 2nd Earhart set. Thought they would all come at the same time and was willing to wait, but nope, everything but Carnage arrived within the week. So that was nice.

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion