LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

3 hours ago, cladner said:

they saw how bonkers we all went when they offered up the "black card" a couple of years ago with that bs star wars release.  

That black card promo actually worked out well for me in the end. Sold that card for $140 and the minifig for $200. Looked bad a first but worked out in the end. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

So what are you trying to say ;) 

This set may not be a general GWP but for new store openings only…

I am saying it is missing the technic pin on either side of the wall to make a chain of micro modulars :P

It came in a box the size of Dickens ;);) I doubt LEGO spent that much for store opening gwp 

• Like 1

Just to place in the databank I was able to redeem 6 VIP rewards codes and there was the field to enter a 7th if needed. Had those 4 CM $5 discounted codes and the camera promo set to use. Plus used two $20 and got some Exclusive to be retired sets that were only out for 8 months at 20% discount. 

Edited by Pseudoty

7 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Just to place in the databank I was able to redeem 6 VIP rewards codes and there was the field to enter a 7th if needed. Had those 4 CM $5 discounted codes and the camera promo set to use. Got some Exclusive to be retired sets that were only out for 8 months at 20% discount. 

Hey my friend, could you clarify "redeem 6 VIP rewards codes". Were you able to redeem all 6 in one purchase? If so, are you saying we can redeem more than one VIP Gift (not VIP Discounts) in a single purchase now? I tried but no dice

Edited by Captain_Obvious

10 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Hey my friend, could you clarify "redeem 6 VIP rewards codes". Were you able to redeem all 6 in one purchase? If so, are you saying we can redeem more than one VIP Gift (not VIP Discounts) in a single purchase now? I tried but no dice

Sorry for the confusion, discount codes, still only 1 gift. 

5088F57F-8C3B-480A-A620-9EDCBFEB2EBA.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BrickLover80 said:

Based in Europe, looks like now real gwp on January 1. City and Friends poly with $40. Nothing special for the new modular, not even that hotel key card.

Gonna be a hard pass for me on everything for now. The only reason I buy direct from Lego these days is for GWPs and VIP points...preferably double points that is.

21 hours ago, eliminator said:

Gonna be a hard pass for me on everything for now. The only reason I buy direct from Lego these days is for GWPs and VIP points...preferably double points that is.

Looks like the only potential decent GWP is towards the end of the month Vintage Taxi with $200 purchase. It will probably get delayed or Canceled in the USA by the angry Uber crowd. 

• Haha 2

24 hours in and none of the highly anticipated new releases (Sonic, modular) are even on backorder. I wonder if Lego underestimated the power of a gwp to push new releases. After the past two years, they may have thought they can sell on their own and then do the gwp later after the initial push.

1 hour ago, BrickLover80 said:

24 hours in and none of the highly anticipated new releases (Sonic, modular) are even on backorder. I wonder if Lego underestimated the power of a gwp to push new releases. After the past two years, they may have thought they can sell on their own and then do the gwp later after the initial push.

Ninja Dojo Temple was first Sold out then City of Lanterns

16 hours ago, eliminator said:

Thanks. At least something to look forward to.
Kinda makes sense to delay a good GWP anyways to boost sales…just as everyone is receiving their holiday CC bills!

There is another stackable GWP coming out on the 8th I believe. CNY Tiger and Monkey Kid Poly. 

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion