LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

Relax Guys.

Theyre not gonna have every retired set remade. Would be prohibitively expensive for them and not come close to making any financial sense. And what is remade likely will be a different box design reflecting its from the vault status. And as if theyre gonna be shelling out mega gifts with purchase with EVERY order because of a measly 60$ year subscription. Im  envisioning some gift wrap with purchase tops. And MAYBE a rotation of 5-10 sets that are easy for them to remake. 

And thats IF this even happens... 

My 150 point survey started asking me how much I knew about legos and I responded “expert” and it kicked me out of the survey. Never asked me these questions. 
But there was a “monthly” income question. I hope they meant to ask yearly income because the answer selections ranged from 10k to 250k.  So annual income range options of 120k to 3M.  Do people living in Denmark make a lot more than folks in the US?!?  I thought my day job paid well until I took this salary and had to check one of the lower options :(  

33 minutes ago, TheBrickClique said:

My 150 point survey started asking me how much I knew about legos and I responded “expert” and it kicked me out of the survey. Never asked me these questions. 
But there was a “monthly” income question. I hope they meant to ask yearly income because the answer selections ranged from 10k to 250k.  So annual income range options of 120k to 3M.  Do people living in Denmark make a lot more than folks in the US?!?  I thought my day job paid well until I took this salary and had to check one of the lower options :(  

I noted that when I took it. Bonkers, right? Makin' me feel poor, Lego!

8 hours ago, TheBrickClique said:

Yeah, I read monthly and responded with yearly. Denmark does well, not THAT well. I also responded expert and ended up answering questions regarding both subscriptions.

19 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

Do you happen to remember how many points it was first time? 2K feels like more than the first round.

I just checked my points, still haven’t got the 150 from the survey but did get 50 from the Nintendo survey I completed at the same time, anyway the camera was 2K points originally on 11/20/21. 

I am hoping the 15th anniversary of the Modulars GWP is available with any purchase over $200 because I want a Home Alone.  If not atleast I will get a camera when Home Alone restocks. 

3 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

I just checked my points, still haven’t got the 150 from the survey but did get 50 from the Nintendo survey I completed at the same time, anyway the camera was 2K points originally on 11/20/21. 

I am hoping the 15th anniversary of the Modulars GWP is available with any purchase over $200 because I want a Home Alone.  If not atleast I will get a camera when Home Alone restocks. 

Do we have any idea what the 15th Anniversary Modulars GWP will be? I haven't seen any images or description.

If this is not just regional to China and is the only GWP then it is another example of the Lego designers either not realizing they are not as important to most of us as they think they are (a hotel key card with the set designers name on it), or not understanding that we want brick built stuff not blankets, tin signs and vip cards. Perhaps there will be some other benefits with the card. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

If this is not just regional to China and is the only GWP then it is another example of the Lego designers either not realizing they are not as important to most of us as they think they are (a hotel key card with the set designers name on it), or not understanding that we want brick built stuff not blankets, tin signs and vip cards. Perhaps there will be some other benefits with the card. 

lego is pretty smart.  they saw how bonkers we all went when they offered up the "black card" a couple of years ago with that bs star wars release.  seems par for the course.  i'm sure youtube brickgirl will get a few million views with some well produced inanity.  when i say inanity i'm doing it so the last syllable has a lilting upward tone like i'm asking a question when i say the word.

55 minutes ago, cladner said:

lego is pretty smart. 

Book smart or street smart?! \ha jk

IMO Pretty big swing and miss here from a collector stand point.  They could have had everyone rushing to buy on day 1 with a nice brick built promo. 

Now, majority of folks will be waiting for discounts...

Edited by BricksBrotha
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Book smart or street smart?! \ha jk

IMO Pretty big swing and miss here from a collector stand point.  They could have had everyone rushing to buy on day 1 with a nice brick built promo. 

Now, majority of folks will be waiting for discounts...

business smart - this is a lego investing site first.  plenty of other fan sites who loathe those who profit from other's want-what-they-can't-have.

the pathetic GWP will have zero impact on this set going oos on day1.

did you ever wonder why all the large UCS usually mysteriously go oos on double VIP days and then magically are back once that ends?  TLG are not dumb though they could upgrade their IT.

agree that it will be worth waiting for some kind of discount though haven't seen many discounts on these early on during their life.    bring back nico. or maybe zavvi.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, cladner said:

business smart - this is a lego investing site first.  plenty of other fan sites who loathe those who profit from other's want-what-they-can't-have.

the pathetic GWP will have zero impact on this set going oos on day1.

did you ever wonder why all the large UCS usually mysteriously go oos on double VIP days and then magically are back once that ends?  TLG are not dumb though they could upgrade their IT.

The question was merely rhetorically and only meant for good fun. Of course they are smart to a certain point, they are the #1 toy brand in the world and can afford to pay the best talent.  However, as a large company, they have many blind spots, especially the capitalization and loss of potential revenue. 

Good point about the double VIP and to answer your question I never did wonder.  Id be very interested to know which cost TLG more, 2xVIP or small GWP.  Most likely its the GWP (when brick built) given the design, packaging and physical bricks.    Like I said, this would be a very interesting nugget of data from TLG. 

Side note, I do think you maybe slightly under estimating (Zero impact is quite drastic) the value of a good GWP and the corresponding sales upon release. 

Edited by BricksBrotha

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion