LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

2 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

What are the odds they make another run of the Train?

No clue, but if this one is 20-30% off on BF/CM, I'm buying another one (my local store still has them in stock). Too bad I didn't buy one the first year when they were unexpectedly on sale - felt it was too early and wasn't convinced I needed one yet.

Placed an order for 569 euro, got the 1950s tin and Santas Visit, then after placing the order realised I should have split it into two orders and get the free gifts twice. And I hope they ship the items I ordered in time so I can claim the retro camera with the VIP points from that order. Really like that one. Ive also put 150 points towards the Bonzai tree. That set will have immense value as there are will be only two of them. 

Edited by Poncke

5 hours ago, Brystheguy said:

Aren't there seven?

Yes, it is seven, and thank you! They did a redesign recently of the rewards page with the collapsible and featured sections. I was wondering why I didn't see all 3 of the Disney prints either. I guess the way it works now is that if it is in the "featured" section, you will no longer see it in the category section (art prints) along with the others. You just saved me from having an incomplete collection. I don't see these prints being available for much longer. 

7 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

FIRE SALE ON THE FIATS!

https://www.lego.com/en-us/vip/rewards-center/rewards

Was: 2,800 points

Now: 700 points

I redeemed the whole 6pc set. They are limited to 1,000 and numbered.

Looks like the last set went for $225 on eBay. Interest is in Europe, but that's an easy International sale and shipping is not much (sold a few prints overseas already).

Snag_2d533d05.thumb.png.34f19f780a8dfb8737c57fcc5ca8361a.png

Snag_2d537480.png.18baba447592edd38d2b44ce2e1ed395.png

Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by melting
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, melting said:

So you would think that Lego would let you add multiple prints to one order to maximize shipping. As opposed to people ordering 7 key chains and adding 1 print to each order and having to ship in larger box to accommodate the print. 

Doesn't make any sense to me either.

Question. I see that most of you go for the keychain. Are you selling them to recoup costs or keeping? I buy an xtra accessory for $3.99 plus $4.99 shipping and 7% tax. I'm always surprised that I can get $9 for them on eBay minus $3.50 first class shipping and 12% seller's fee. I end up recouping about $4, so my VIP redemption is a $5 loss.

Do you think I can recoup more "on average" if I go with a $5.99 keychain?

Edited by Captain_Obvious

1 hour ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Question. I see that most of you go for the keychain. Are you selling them to recoup costs or keeping? I buy an xtra accessory for $3.99 plus $4.99 shipping and 7% tax. I'm always surprised that I can get $9 for them on eBay minus $3.50 first class shipping and 12% seller's fee. I end up recouping about $4, so my VIP redemption is a $5 loss.

Keychains have gone up $2 over the years. I either go with the cheapest available item like this:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/rex-s-plantimal-ambush-30460

Or for better potential growth than a Keychain:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/la-catrina-40492

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

I recall that was mentioned as an "upgrade" they are working on. Let's see.

As for keychains, there might be winners but on average I break even when I add them to ensure gwp is shipping on backordered items. If you pick the right Brickheadz, you can make a small profit, so that might help you cover shipping on a small order. I also like the blisterpacks (e.g. HP students). 

• Like 2

I go for keychains normally. Some are definitely winners. Just sold my last Boba Fett keychain on Ebay a couple months ago for $24.89

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Just made 5 orders to send the Fiat prints with Rex's Ambush (threw the other 2 onto other planned orders) , and none of the promo codes applied :(. Called to fix the issue with customer service and they went to 'In Warehouse' before i got through to them on hold. While waiting for an hour I just made 5 more orders and every promo code worked with out issue.

Since I won't be able to cancel the original orders now since LSH is somehow light-speed at shipping this quarter, does anyone know if I will get the shipping charges refunded after I send the returns in for those?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, I Pitty da Foo said:

Just made 5 orders to send the Fiat prints with Rex's Ambush (threw the other 2 onto other planned orders) , and none of the promo codes applied :(. Called to fix the issue with customer service and they went to 'In Warehouse' before i got through to them on hold. While waiting for an hour I just made 5 more orders and every promo code worked with out issue.

Since I won't be able to cancel the original orders now since LSH is somehow light-speed at shipping this quarter, does anyone know if I will get the shipping charges refunded after I send the returns in for those?

In theory CS could / would provide you labels for all 5 error orders (this would mean they cover shipping costs). They are usually pretty nice about that stuff so I think you'd be fine.

On a separate note, I am curious how well your prints arrive. I've tried the print + polybag trick and all my prints shipped in padded envelopes, completely bend up 😑

5 minutes ago, scatttcat said:

In theory CS could / would provide you labels for all 5 error orders (this would mean they cover shipping costs). They are usually pretty nice about that stuff so I think you'd be fine.

On a separate note, I am curious how well your prints arrive. I've tried the print + polybag trick and all my prints shipped in padded envelopes, completely bend up 😑

Will give an update on the condition. I guess I meant the shipping charge I paid when they send it to me, will that be refunded? This is the first time I haven't used free shipping.

3 minutes ago, I Pitty da Foo said:

Will give an update on the condition. I guess I meant the shipping charge I paid when they send it to me, will that be refunded? This is the first time I haven't used free shipping.

ohh, I am sorry I misunderstood. Yeah you will probably have to eat that cost unfortunately.

14 minutes ago, scatttcat said:

Even print + large set doesn't always fair that well. Had a couple of my princess prints bent up.

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion